• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dear eBay...

16 posts in this topic

Whomever in your site design department came up with the new way pictures are viewed should be taken to a secluded, sound proof office and repeatedly kicked in the nuts.

xoxo,

Dice

Whomever in your site design department came up with the new way pictures are viewed should be taken to a secluded, sound proof office and repeatedly kicked in the nuts.

xoxo,

Dice

I'd watch. :popcorn:

xoxo,

Dice

Could have been a woman (shrug)

xoxo,

Dice

It will be when they're finished kicking him in the nuts.

fixed it

Whomever in your site design department came up with the new way pictures are viewed should be taken to a secluded, sound proof office and repeatedly kicked in the nuts by this guy.

xoxo,

Dice

123488.jpg.7d972903edb7c4a38acf013072f45d36.jpg

xoxo,

Dice

:applause:

You guys read about their new return policy coming in a month or two?

You have to accept returns on items for up to 14 days now, although I heard it may be reduced to 7. :censored:

Yeah, I saw that.

As if it wasn't stacked against the seller enough.

If they had started off with what eBay is now, the site wouldn't have survived a year.

xoxo,

Dice

I'd watch. :popcorn:
I'd help banana052.gif

xoxo,

Dice

lol lol lol

xoxo,

Dice

:roflmao:

xoxo,

Dice

I still click on the pictures and get a new window with a (usually) higher-res image. Sometimes it even has the +/- buttons to zoom in even more, which I like much better than the old static images. The "mouse over" zoom is irritating to use, so I ignore it. :)

You guys read about their new return policy coming in a month or two?

You have to accept returns on items for up to 14 days now, although I heard it may be reduced to 7. :censored:

Not true... that is only to keep receiving the Top Rated 20% Discount. You have to have a One Day ship policy along w/ the 14 day return policy.

They can't make all the sellers cater to the overspending insufficiently_thoughtful_persons out there and set up K mart return booths...

The reason I am dead set against the returns... let's say I sold a ASM # 8, CGC 8.0 for $500.00. There would probably be 15 different bidders, but lo, s/he changes his/her mind( usually because they overspend), now you gotta take it back, give them their money back, the OTHER 14 BIDDERS SEE THE RELIST. and wonder, "Hey, wtf?"

The returns are not fair to those who bid in good faith in the first place.

You go to storage auctions, real estate auctions, they can't decide, "hey, give it to the person I outbid at the last sign hold". Does not work that way, nor should it work online auctions. An auction is an auction, end of story.

CAL who rarely returns things, only in cases of blatant overgrading...

xoxo,

Dice

I concur. It is, like so many "improvements" that ebay make, pointless and rubbish. I will complain to my local senator forthwith.

xoxo,

Dice

I concur. It is, like so many "improvements" that ebay make, pointless and rubbish. I will complain to my local senator forthwith.

+1

xoxo,

Dice

I hate it as well, and did away with a similar feature on my website but I think they did it to appease mobile phone surfers who may want to see an enlarged image without opening it in a new window or downloading a full image.

I agree. Stinks.

I did list some books recently that use the old format and I wonder if you keep reusing that old format if it will allow you to keep the old feature. I do have some listings that have been reused many times and some of the features on those old forms are long done away with.

2c