• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Lone Ranger Movie

60 posts in this topic

I you tube'd this one night. I can't remember why.

Anyway, as i watched it I felt myself transported back about 35 years as somewhere deep down the memories began to flood out from my childhood.

It was the most amazing feeling. For over 3 decades I'd forgotten entirely that I used to watch the reruns until this theme song reopened those memories for me.

It was an awesome feeling. I love this opening.

Your post and that intro took me back, too. :applause:

It's weird. I wonder if anyone has ever done a study on childhood boy's perceptions of self when stacked against attainable heroes, and unattainable ones. (a cowboy /vs a superhero)

The best cowboys are the unattainable ones.

Well sure, The Lone Ranger was as unattainable as Batman was, but I think the illusion of attainability was a stronger one.

Hat

Horse

Gun

Practice, Practice, Practice

Rinse/Repeat

Guns & horses scare me. Heights & caves do too. They're both way unattainable for me.

Perhaps you should make Richie Rich your hero.

Christ is the best choice.

The original unattainable ideal man. :cloud9:

Truly, you sometimes catch me at just the right moment with just the precise word. A bigger compliment I cannot immediately imagine.

More serendipity. I'm reading this after my John Carter post.

No.

+1- btw, have you seen the first still released of Lone Ranger & Tonto- bizarre.

Let me find that for you.

58902.jpg

that's not real!!!

Yeah that pic of depp is from pirates of the caribbean 2 or 3

No.

+1- btw, have you seen the first still released of Lone Ranger & Tonto- bizarre.

Let me find that for you.

58902.jpg

that's not real!!!

Yeah that pic of depp is from pirates of the caribbean 2 or 3

And people were predicting the movie's doom based on the photo.

doh!lol

I don't know about the new movie. It looks like the team from Robot Chicken are the ones behind its production from the photo going around.

lone_ranger_and_tonto_doll.jpg

I mean, look at that Lone Ranger gun. It's not even proportional. And Tonto's hand was made for - well - not holding a pistol. That's for sure!

:eek:

Do you think the upcoming Lone Ranger film will generate renewed interest in Lone Ranger

Comic Books?

mm

Even if the movie is a massive hit, the answer is no because no one associates Lone Ranger with comic books. He had a comic book series, but is not a comic book character.

Maybe not directly but that won't keep speculators from playing the game to capture any garnered interest.

I you tube'd this one night. I can't remember why.

Anyway, as i watched it I felt myself transported back about 35 years as somewhere deep down the memories began to flood out from my childhood.

It was the most amazing feeling. For over 3 decades I'd forgotten entirely that I used to watch the reruns until this theme song reopened those memories for me.

It was an awesome feeling. I love this opening.

This show along with the Superman series were among my most remembered black and white tv series I recount watching endlessly as a child.

Do you think the upcoming Lone Ranger film will generate renewed interest in Lone Ranger

Comic Books?

mm

Even if the movie is a massive hit, the answer is no because no one associates Lone Ranger with comic books. He had a comic book series, but is not a comic book character.

Maybe not directly but that won't keep speculators from playing the game to capture any garnered interest.

They can try, but then they will fail spectacularly.

Even most comic collectors probably don't realize that there was a Lone Ranger comic book series. Anyways, it was a lame GA series with crapola covers, so everyone should just stay away from them to avoid taking a bath.

Comic Books?

mm

Even most comic collectors probably don't realize that there was a Lone Ranger comic book series. Anyways, it was a lame GA series with crapola covers, so everyone should just stay away from them to avoid taking a bath.

Yeah, what seems to be common sense and what happens is like saying Superman's alter worlds are totally the same lol

A largely unsuccessful endeavor sure, but there will be a sale or three.

Never could understand why more of these old shows are not released on DVD. There were so many great shows during the 50's & 60's, but you see so little on video. A complete set of the Lone Ranger TV show would be something to have. They don't make um like they use to.

The Lone Ranger TV series has been realsed on DVD in digitally mastered prints. Check out Amazon. I bought the first season; they're fun to watch albeit the plots were essentially all the same. But it's always nice to see the guest stars on these shows, especially the ones who play the heavies.

SLR

Comic Books?

mm

Wait, aren't you collecting Lone Ranger covers?

:blush:

Comic Books?

mm

You're refering to all those beautiful painted covers and photo covers? Craptastic

Comic Books?

mm

Wait, aren't you collecting Lone Ranger covers?

:blush:

Ut-up-shay, Ister-may Ig-bay Outh-may! :mad:

Comic Books?

mm

You're refering to all those beautiful painted covers and photo covers? Craptastic

Nuthin' but from a long dead genre, Westerns, that no modern right-thinking collector would want to touch with a 10-foot pole.

Comic Books?

mm

Nuthin' but from a long dead genre, Westerns, that no modern right-thinking collector would want to touch with a 10-foot pole.

And don't get started on those fughly Annie Oakleys.

Comic Books?

mm

I will guarantee that Lone Ranger will do bigger box office then Green Lantern. ;)

It better. It's projected budget is up to $215 million.

I will even boldly predict the Lone Ranger will do better worldwide box office next year than Superman Man of Steel.

Why?

I trust the people who made the Pirates of the Caribbean movies a lot more than the person responsible for making the Watchmen movie(zack synder).

I guess we will find out as they are coming out in the same timeframe.

Lone Ranger has set a May 31, 2013 release date.

Superman has set a June 14, 2013 release date.