• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT Poll - Who Will Win The UEFA Euro 2004 Football Championship?

Who do you think will win the UEFA Euro 2004 tournament?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the UEFA Euro 2004 tournament?

345 posts in this topic

So you'll take my $20 then?

I agree to a point, but Brazil have managed quite nicely over the years.

No betting for me, collection needs all of the money it can get.

Brazil have one of the better goalkeepers in Dida

I agree, Heskey should not be in the squad, Vassell, even though he is unproven on the International stage as of yet should be a good addition to the squad IMHO.

How Emile Heskey can hold down a position on the England squad is truly beyond me. He is HORRIBLE. I've seen him blow countless chances that even a weekend football warrior like myself could have capitalized on.

I agree with others who say Shearer should have been recalled out of retirement, he is one of the most prolific strikers in England and is still going strong at his age.

He had an amazing season in the Premiership, finishing only behind Henry in goals scored with 22 (compared to Owen's 15) and scored some brilliant goals that Michael Owen could only dream of scoring. He is one of the few truly world-class players that England could have called on.

Heskey could be a competent striker if he stayed up instead of falling down when being pressured by defenders.

Shearer has to be one of the best all round attackers in the world, his freekicks, his heading, there isn't much he can't do as an attacker.

How Emile Heskey can hold down a position on the England squad is truly beyond me. He is HORRIBLE. I've seen him blow countless chances that even a weekend football warrior like myself could have capitalized on.

He gets a lot of good reviews for his off the ball work and I suspect he helps open defences up for his attacking partners. Not my personal favourite though. n I do like Vassell, he has great pace and shows a lot of potential.

He had an amazing season in the Premiership, finishing only behind Henry in goals scored with 22 (compared to Owen's 15) and scored some brilliant goals that Michael Owen could only dream of scoring. He is one of the few truly world-class players that England could have called on.

Do you have sell by dates in the US?

Slightly OT, but Spurs have finally got themselves a new manager in the current French National coach Jaques Santini. He will be joining them after the Euro 2004 competion and hopefully he will bring some of his squad with him. thumbsup2.gif

Slightly OT, but Spurs have finally got themselves a new manager in the current French National coach Jaques Santini. He will be joining them after the Euro 2004 competion and hopefully he will bring some of his squad with him. thumbsup2.gif

It won't help. 27_laughing.gif

I saw on our news in England that he is not going to be with France for Euro 2004, where did you find that?

...I'll take $20 bets in the same line as the one I offerred Mushroom, to as many forumites as wish to contact me.

Come on then. No one willing to put their money where their mouth is?

I saw on our news in England that he is not going to be with France for Euro 2004, where did you find that?

He will be the France coach until after the tournament. Courtesy of the BBC sport website, where I get all my up to date soccer info. thumbsup2.gif

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport

It won't help.

You won't be saying that when Spurs pry Henry, Pires and Viera from The Arsenel's clutches. grin.gif893whatthe.gif

Over Arsene Wenger's dead body. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Owen is the most overrated English footballer of the last decade. His inability to win games through his own talents is the reason why Liverpool just makes up the numbers.

Have you even watched a Liverpool match in the last two seasons????

Owen is playing in a very mediocre Liverpool side and along with Steve Gerrard is about the only good thing they have going.

Their former manager Gerard Houlier has done a great job into making a once great club, famed for their passing and attacking sides, into a boring, defensive shambles.

many many times.................Owen blows so many open goals that he couldn't even get one past Blameless James. foreheadslap.gif

Damn....seven people have picked England to win. For all you pommies out there I would be more than happy to talk about any wager you would like to make that England hasn't got a snowballs chance in hell. smile.gif

Happy to indulge you in a $100 wager via Paypal. I'll take England against any other single team you like. The team that goes furthest wins the bet. PM me if interested.

Mushroom proved himself to be more of a man than all the other wimps on this board who wouldn't take a bet, but he added a sidebar that the loser has to change their avatar for a week to represent the winners team. A further twist is that the winner gets to choose the avatar for the loser and board members are encouraged to suggest any particulalry embarrassing examples.

John picked France and I'm on England. My current suggestion for his avatar is

john bull.jpg

Any forumites wishing to contribute are more than welcome.