• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT Poll - Who Will Win The UEFA Euro 2004 Football Championship?

Who do you think will win the UEFA Euro 2004 tournament?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the UEFA Euro 2004 tournament?

345 posts in this topic

3-0 to England

As Bobby said in commentary, it was a bigger victory than we deserved.

Rooney is going to just get better, that 2nd goal had a lot of power behind it, unlucky for the keeper though.

I think they call that winning ugly, but they all count and ultimately people forget. In Italia 90, 3 of our games were abysmal and 3 were great. The last one is the important one.

My English colleague dragged me out to a pub to watch it. Beats working, I guess, but the outcome was exactly what I expected - 3-0 to England. Probably didn't need to spend the $20 to watch something that was never in doubt!

I don't think they played nearly as well as they did for the first 65-70 minutes against France, though...I'm curious to see how well they fare when they play another difficult team in the quarter-finals (assuming they beat Croatia). Going up against someone like Spain or Portugal is a lot different than going up against a bunch of chocolate and clock-makers reduced to ten men.

Going up against someone like Spain or Portugal is a lot different than going up against a bunch of chocolate and clock-makers reduced to ten men.

shocked.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

They tried their best and were severely handicapped by the red card. They had England scared there a couple of times.

England looked really really tired before their second goal compared to the Swiss....

Jim

Going up against someone like Spain or Portugal is a lot different than going up against a bunch of chocolate and clock-makers reduced to ten men.

shocked.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

They tried their best and were severely handicapped by the red card. They had England scared there a couple of times.

England looked really really tired before their second goal compared to the Swiss....

Jim

Both teams looked tired and beaten by the heat. England played poorly and lacked edge or cohesion for much of the game (if we gave the ball away like that every match we wouldn't have qualified), but the Swiss seemed to only be there to make up the numbers. I can only recall about two decent goal attempts from them for the entire match.

Vassell had plenty of commitment, though, when he came on. England could do with more of that.

You put a bet on this match?

Or have the bookies already had too much of your money? smirk.gif

No, they only got the £500 off me on a match that I could have easily put my mortgage on. There have only been a very few sporting occassions when I have been so convinced of a result that I had to strap on my serious betting boots, but this one wasn't a success. No other games look like overpriced mismatches, so I'll be keeping quiet.

There are 3 only things I have done in my life which have given me a feeling of catharsis verging on transcendency. One is having a huge bet (win or lose), one is taking LSD and one is having great sex. Unfortunately, I haven't done one of those three for 20 odd years so the other 2 will have to keep me going.

Oh and you can stick your smirk.gif up your arse.

Graduation_07-05-04_010.jpg

OK, now you are scaring me. shocked.gif

Got dragged out of the office to watch the last half hour of the France-Croatia match. Croatia were definitely unlucky with Trezeguet's handball that led to the equalizer as well as not converting that golden opportunity in stoppage time. Had they done so, it would have made Monday's match with England much more interesting, but now Croatia have it all to do.

You put a bet on this match?

Or have the bookies already had too much of your money? smirk.gif

No, they only got the £500 off me on a match that I could have easily put my mortgage on. There have only been a very few sporting occassions when I have been so convinced of a result that I had to strap on my serious betting boots, but this one wasn't a success. No other games look like overpriced mismatches, so I'll be keeping quiet.

There are 3 only things I have done in my life which have given me a feeling of catharsis verging on transcendency. One is having a huge bet (win or lose), one is taking LSD and one is having great sex. Unfortunately, I haven't done one of those three for 20 odd years so the other 2 will have to keep me going.

Oh and you can stick your smirk.gif up your arse.

Graduation_07-05-04_010.jpg

So... what's with the picture? confused-smiley-013.gif

Got dragged out of the office to watch the last half hour of the France-Croatia match. Croatia were definitely unlucky with Trezeguet's handball that led to the equalizer as well as not converting that golden opportunity in stoppage time. Had they done so, it would have made Monday's match with England much more interesting, but now Croatia have it all to do.

Now all we need to see is England beat Croatia and Switzerland beat France to see those two teams qualify.

And the French will be going home. acclaim.gif

Now all we need to see is England beat Croatia and Switzerland beat France to see those two teams qualify.

And the French will be going home. acclaim.gif

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Switzerland beat france 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

That Crotia game was much better to watch than the England game. For the first time I can actually say that England looked terrible. Of course, I can say it was the heat too, but it was bad to watch.

Crotia was very unlucky not to win, but the result is better now for us thumbsup2.gif

I think a quarter against Greece looms 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif