• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT Poll - Who Will Win The UEFA Euro 2004 Football Championship?

Who do you think will win the UEFA Euro 2004 tournament?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the UEFA Euro 2004 tournament?

345 posts in this topic

I am now officially bankrupt! I can't believe how bad the Dutch were, outside of the first 10 and last 15 minutes of the match. I don't know if the Germans really are as good as they looked or if they were just flattered by off-key opponents playing an inadequate system. C'est la vie.

All the games so far have shown that this tournament is a tough one to call. Big favorites like Portugal, Holland and Italy have failed to produce in their opening games. The only team thats looked hot so far is Sweden. Anyone see a surprise winner? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

foreheadslap.gif

I am now officially bankrupt! I can't believe how bad the Dutch were, outside of the first 10 and last 15 minutes of the match. I don't know if the Germans really are as good as they looked or if they were just flattered by off-key opponents playing an inadequate system. C'est la vie.

The Group of Death is still wide open! Too soon to count anybody out after today's performances.

Look at this absolute mugging van Nistelrooy takes from Christian Worns. 893whatthe.gif Definite penalty fodder if Ruud hadn't equalized then.

rvn_get313lg.jpg

All the games so far have shown that this tournament is a tough one to call. Big favorites like Portugal, Holland and Italy have failed to produce in their opening games. The only team thats looked hot so far is Sweden. Anyone see a surprise winner? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I spend a lot of time in Sweden through my business and I can tell you, most of them rate their own chances as about 0. They've had a national petition recently to try and get Sven-Goran as the manager, but he's ours, you hear, ours!

Which miserable people made this a 1 star thread? 893naughty-thumb.gif

Three groups of people:

1. The same person who has multiple shill accounts and 1-stars all the threads that I start;

2. Those fanatics of American football who don't want to see a thread about soccer get more than 1-star; and especially

3. English fans who are mortally offended at the slightest suggestion that they might not win the tournament!

Which miserable people made this a 1 star thread? 893naughty-thumb.gif

Three groups of people:

1. The same person who has multiple shill accounts and 1-stars all the threads that I start;

2. Those fanatics of American football who don't want to see a thread about soccer get more than 1-star; and especially

3. English fans who are mortally offended at the slightest suggestion that they might not win the tournament!

I don't fall into any of those categories and already gave this thread 5 stars. thumbsup2.gif

To be honest with you i couldn't care less if England won, i just really really don't want France to win mad.gif

i just really really don't want France to win mad.gif

Or the Germans.... 893naughty-thumb.gif

Jim

But of course. Goes without saying.

Spain looked good against Greece. Great going forward (Joaquin looks like a real threat should he play against England) but lacked finishing skills. They should've shaded it.

And now I'm off to watch Portugal vs. Russia. There just isn't enough football on the telly at the moment......

John picked France and I'm on England. My current suggestion for his avatar is

Maybe a picture of Johnny Wilkinson kicking the winning points against Australia in the Rugby world Cup final would be good?

Nothing can hurt those Aussies as much as a sporting humiliation. Especially in their own back-yard. 27_laughing.gif

Let's see......who has won a rugby world cup. England has 1, NZ has 1, South Africa has 1 and the boys from OZ have TWO. cloud9.gif

Let's see......who has won a rugby world cup. England has 1, NZ has 1, South Africa has 1 and the boys from OZ have TWO.

Stop living in the past, all that matters is that England are the current Rugby World Champions. tongue.gif

Did anyone think the red card on the Russian goalie was a bit harsh? I don't think they would win anyway but damn, that call was tad severe... 893naughty-thumb.gif

Jim

What happened?

Hand ball outside the box. Slid in front of an attacking player and stopped the ball with his chest. It appeared as if he touched the ball with his arm (more of a reflex move) but immediately moved his arm away (and the ball was stopped at this point anyhow). Ref apparantly thought he used his arm to stop. Replays show he probably didn't touch the ball....even if he did it was very minor and wasn't the reason the ball stopped.

Ref immediately pulled the red card out....

Jim