• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT Poll - Who Will Win The UEFA Euro 2004 Football Championship?

Who do you think will win the UEFA Euro 2004 tournament?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the UEFA Euro 2004 tournament?

345 posts in this topic

Once it went final I did go for my run, but I went via a different route since there's a big Greek population in my neighborhood. Greeks gone wild!

We actually had a street close here in Toronto, due to the Greeks gone wild phenomenom. foreheadslap.gif

greece shocks defending champs france! 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

893whatthe.gif

I missed it, what was the score?

1-0 sumo.gif

This is a bizzare tournament smile.gif

A lot of the big teams out, i think this competition belongs to the Czechs now cool.gif

Just so you all know (again).....after France's defeat last night, I'd say the celebrations outside were more vocal and longer than after England's loss. There were people honking their horns a full hour after the game ended....

So maybe the Germans hate the French team a little more than the English.....and I wonder how they will react if Holland loses.... insane.gifsmirk.gif

Jim

What is the next game?

Holland-Sweden TODAY!! In about 90 minutes, in fact. Debating whether to order it on PPV or go to the local pub.

That should be a good game IMHO.

I think it will be a Sweden win today frown.gif

Wrong again UV!!!!! What a tournament this has turned out to be, I have loved (almost) every minute!

What happened?

I am not paying much attention anymore.

0-0 in the first 120 minutes...the Dutch played better in the first 90 minutes, really taking it to the Swedes, but the Swedes were unlucky in extra time, rattling the woodwork twice vs. once for Holland (Larsson hit the crossbar and Ljungberg rattled the post for the Swedes, while Robben hit the right post for Holland).

In the penalty shoot-out, Ibrahimovic skied over the bar for Sweden, but Cocu hit the left post for the Dutch. Ljungberg was lucky to see his shot go in as it ricocheted from the crossbar off the back of Van der Sar. In the first round of sudden death, Van der Sar saved Mellberg's shot (see below) and Robben slotted past the reach of the keeper to win it for Holland. cloud9.gif

_40318671_miss.jpg

Wrong again UV!!!!! What a tournament this has turned out to be, I have loved (almost) every minute!

What happened?

I am not paying much attention anymore.

0-0 in the first 120 minutes...the Dutch played better in the first 90 minutes, really taking it to the Swedes, but the Swedes were unlucky in extra time, rattling the woodwork twice vs. once for Holland (Larsson hit the crossbar and Ljungberg rattled the post for the Swedes, while Robben hit the right post for Holland).

In the penalty shoot-out, Ibrahimovic skied over the bar for Sweden, but Cocu hit the left post for the Dutch. Ljungberg was lucky to see his shot go in as it ricocheted from the crossbar off the back of Van der Sar. In the first round of sudden death, Van der Sar saved Mellberg's shot (see below) and Robben slotted past the reach of the keeper to win it for Holland. cloud9.gif

_40318671_miss.jpg

Great round up delekkerste.

What is the game tomorrow?

Tomorrow is the last quarter-final - the Czech Republic vs. Denmark. I think I'll save my $25 893whatthe.gif and follow it on the Internet instead. Thankfully I'll be on vacation in France during the final, so I can watch it for free there! cloud9.gif

Tomorrow is the last quarter-final - the Czech Republic vs. Denmark. I think I'll save my $25 893whatthe.gif and follow it on the Internet instead. Thankfully I'll be on vacation in France during the final, so I can watch it for free there! cloud9.gif

Czechs will dominate i believe, but i have been wrong with almost all of my predictions so for so confused-smiley-013.gif

So how do the Semi-Finals line up so far?

Portugal vs. Holland - Wednesday, June 30

Greece vs. winner of Czech Republic/Denmark - Thursday, July 1

I'm hoping the Danes can pull off the upset tomorrow!

Portugal vs. Holland - Wednesday, June 30

Greece vs. winner of Czech Republic/Denmark - Thursday, July 1

I'm hoping the Danes can pull off the upset tomorrow!

If the Czechs get through the Quarters it will be a Czech v Holland final smirk.gif