• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's your least favorite Neal Adams cover?

48 posts in this topic

So the question is, what Neal Adams cover do you own that you like the least? I just purchased this one so I'll put it up. I bought it to enhance my set but I find that I'm really not into the drab colors and subject material on this cover.

Hom183.jpg

Bats 240. As much of an Adams Bats fan I am, I've never liked this cover. It just looks odd and doesn't even look like a "cover". Also, why is his cape swooping upwards in a closed lab for no particular reason as well as his right leg stepping up into empty air?

Seriously, it looks like he started drawing the cover with a different concept in mind and decided to salvage what he had when he found out what the -script was all about.

-10960331306616381970.jpg

What a strange cover. It looks as if it's some kind of printing error.

I know right, it's so funky.

Plus i find that brown color palette to be really boring on this book.

Bats 240. As much of an Adams Bats fan I am, I've never liked this cover. It just looks odd and doesn't even look like a "cover". Also, why is his cape swooping upwards in a closed lab for no particular reason as well as his right leg stepping up into empty air?

Seriously, it looks like he started drawing the cover with a different concept in mind and decided to salvage what he had when he found out what the -script was all about.

-10960331306616381970.jpg

Totally agree here, this is probably one of my least favorite covers. This one along with the one where the guy's pointing a gun behind his back and sees batman through his fingers. Also the one where batman is in the dark and being stalked by the guy. I'm finding I like some color in my covers. At first I didn't like the bright green cover on the 232 but its been growing on me recently.

Batman 227. Never saw the reason for all the excitement. (shrug)

227 is a beautiful swipe of a classic golden age cover, but I too still don't get all of the fuss over this book. It has no real "key" significance as far content/continuity and I still find it hard to believe that the market dictates that this book at a 9.0 can easily sell for about the same as a 232 at 9.2-9.4 or 234 at 9.4. (shrug)2c

Off the top of my head... my least favorite Neal Adams cover... Batman 231

7338171_1.jpg

227 is a beautiful swipe of a classic golden age cover, but I too still don't get all of the fuss over this book. It has no real "key" significance as far content/continuity and I still find it hard to believe that the market dictates that this book at a 9.0 can easily sell for about the same as a 232 at 9.2-9.4 or 234 at 9.4. (shrug)2c

7338171_1.jpg

Yea, that's the one.

:sick:

:facepalm:

Sorry, I just always found it boring. :( Isn't it taken from another cover?

No need to be sorry, it is your opinion. (thumbs u The popularity of the book is all about the cover which in some peoples opinion is the best of the bronze era.

7338171_1.jpg

Yea, that's the one.

:sick:

Yup, fugly :P

So the question is, what Neal Adams cover do you own that you like the least? I just purchased this one so I'll put it up. I bought it to enhance my set but I find that I'm really not into the drab colors and subject material on this cover.

Hom183.jpg

I agree that there's hardly anything interesting here...nice 70s color selection. But if you ever want me to take this cover off your hands... :baiting:

Hom183.jpg

I agree that there's hardly anything interesting here...nice 70s color selection. But if you ever want me to take this cover off your hands... :baiting:

Oh no, that's not going to happen. I'm coming for you Mr. Sterling and what are you gonna do when WallsaMania runs wild on you? (in my best Hulk Hogan imitation). :baiting:

Just joking if I can make it to number 2 or 3 on the ladder I'm good. Trying to accumulate 40k points in HoM seems kind of like mission impossible to me. :)