• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's your least favorite Neal Adams cover?

48 posts in this topic

Batman 227. Never saw the reason for all the excitement. (shrug)

227 is a beautiful swipe of a classic golden age cover, but I too still don't get all of the fuss over this book. It has no real "key" significance as far content/continuity and I still find it hard to believe that the market dictates that this book at a 9.0 can easily sell for about the same as a 232 at 9.2-9.4 or 234 at 9.4. (shrug)2c

Off the top of my head... my least favorite Neal Adams cover... Batman 231

7338171_1.jpg

Yea, that's the one.

:sick:

Yup, fugly :P

And what's so cool about being able to see people though your fingers? I mean I could see some interesting applications but I think if that was on a menu of potential super powers I could choose from including others such as robust head of hair and eat 5000 calories a day and not gain a pound, that one would be at the bottom of my list.

Yea, the ears are kind of ridiculous but I guess having dude's faces on your fingers was kind of hip back in the seventies.

House_of_Mystery_v.1_214.jpg

Berni W. and Neal are known as masters of the faces on fingers genre. Wait, maybe I'm thinking of horror genre with those guys. (shrug)

scan0151.jpg

I actually don't dislike this cover. It was meant to be satire and a caricature, so I suppose it's drawn appropriately for that purpose. I don't think he brain-farted on this one like some of the others.

:facepalm:

Sorry, I just always found it boring. :( Isn't it taken from another cover?

the Robin cameo art is distracting, and the whole concept of some chick in taffeta running away from a guy in a purple, caped suit and his brace of wolves is stupid.

124208.jpg.dfe9bbe6d3fbd536fd64f24a40ce4655.jpg

the Robin cameo art is distracting, and the whole concept of some chick in taffeta running away from a guy in a purple, caped suit and his brace of wolves is stupid.

:o

Yea, the ears are kind of ridiculous but I guess having dude's faces on your fingers was kind of hip back in the seventies.

House_of_Mystery_v.1_214.jpg

Berni W. and Neal are known as masters of the faces on fingers genre. Wait, maybe I'm thinking of horror genre with those guys. (shrug)

Maybe we can ask Gemma to create a "Faces On Fingers" registry set. :insane:

It wouldn't be the first registry set with only two books. Or maybe three books if you count JLA #10... hm

1038767.jpg

scan0151.jpg

I actually don't dislike this cover. It was meant to be satire and a caricature, so I suppose it's drawn appropriately for that purpose. I don't think he brain-farted on this one like some of the others.

Yeah, but it's a lousy caricature - even with the trademark Adams shading lines.

Thats somethng I never saw before, or even imagined. Odd, almost jarring to my eyes, and brain. Maybe because I have never seen it any other way, and have seen it 100's, if not maybe over a 1,000 times in its printed form. I have to look it at for a while, let it sink in. Just looks like it is almost naked, incomplete, barren. Glad you posted it though. A different perspective.

Thats somethng I never saw before, or even imagined. Odd, almost jarring to my eyes, and brain. Maybe because I have never seen it any other way, and have seen it 100's, if not maybe over a 1,000 times in its printed form. I have to look it at for a while, let it sink in. Just looks like it is almost naked, incomplete, barren. Glad you posted it though. A different perspective.

I'm the same way, Joe. It's a great cover......just not classic. I'd take a 'tec 400, 402, or 405 anyday. Batman 244 or 251 totally blow 227 right off the map. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u