• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

War books a-go-go.

595 posts in this topic

Our Army at War #40 FN+ This is just a great copy of a very, very tough book to find. One of Russ Heath’s earliest war covers for DC (possibly the first?) and what a cover it is. Just a total beauty - the scan does not do it justice!! Light cream to offwhite pages. $75.00

oaaw40-1.jpg

:takeit:

I just woke up from working nights. :cry:

Before we get to the main event, a couple of Rock-themed books.

Showcase #45 CGC 7.0 Old Label. A killer copy of a key book. Origin of Sgt. Rock drawn by Kubert, with a classic Heath cover. This is a deslabbed book (in fact, the very first CGC book I ever bought!) Label list cream to offwhite, but these pages are offwhite for sure. Label also says slightly rusted staples, but it’s very slight. To me, it’s a solid VF. $80.00

showcase45.jpg

Two in one week. :pullhair:

Showcase #45 CGC 7.0 Old Label. A killer copy of a key book. Origin of Sgt. Rock drawn by Kubert, with a classic Heath cover. This is a deslabbed book (in fact, the very first CGC book I ever bought!) Label list cream to offwhite, but these pages are offwhite for sure. Label also says slightly rusted staples, but it’s very slight. To me, it’s a solid VF. $80.00.

Sorry - it seemed like a good price, and I don't have one in my collection.:sorry:

Showcase #45 CGC 7.0 Old Label. A killer copy of a key book. Origin of Sgt. Rock drawn by Kubert, with a classic Heath cover. This is a deslabbed book (in fact, the very first CGC book I ever bought!) Label list cream to offwhite, but these pages are offwhite for sure. Label also says slightly rusted staples, but it’s very slight. To me, it’s a solid VF. $80.00.

Sorry - it seemed like a good price, and I don't have one in my collection.:sorry:

:roflmao:

hm I need a cup of tea and didn't that rotten bugger Andy :luhv: win this

book? (shrug)EDIT: :boo: I should think before I post sometimes. Both Andy's , you know I was only joking.

I'm not too BRIGHT. :insane:

Any more coming this evening? The troops are anxious.

Yep, the cavalry has just arrived :taptaptap:

Is that the cavalry who raises his hand and says that he'll take everything? ;)

Isn't that cavalry's job? to come in and take it all down?

That's it for tonight - I know this is lame, but the scanner driver on my mac is f'd up (it's my work machine, and I don't the have admin pass to reinstall the drivers) so I've been having to do the scans with my wife's (CRAPPY) PC, and it results in very slow scans and a very irate Shep.

This sale basically clears out the OAAWs that I'm selling. Next up will be a large run of Our Fighting Forces, and that sale will break on Wednesday night.

Next weekend I will start in on the Star Spangled, and a very long run of All American Men of War.

That's it for tonight - I know this is lame, but the scanner driver on my mac is f'd up (it's my work machine, and I don't the have admin pass to reinstall the drivers) so I've been having to do the scans with my wife's (CRAPPY) PC, and it results in very slow scans and a very irate Shep.

This sale basically clears out the OAAWs that I'm selling. Next up will be a large run of Our Fighting Forces, and that sale will break on Wednesday night.

Next weekend I will start in on the Star Spangled, and a very long run of All American Men of War.

The troops will have to stock up on provisions until then. It'll be a lonely vigil....

If the other Andy beat me to a few, I want my money back. :whistle:

Just the # 80. ;)

:P

You're both rotten buggars, although I must say UK Andy hasn't sniped

me on e-bay in quite a while. (thumbs u

:foryou: :foryou:

What have I missed??? :cry:

Nothing Andy and just another attempt at my poor sense of humor. :insane:

Congrats on some very nice pick-ups!! (thumbs u

Our Army at War #33 Apparent 6.5 CGC purple label. Offwhite to white pages. Moderate restoration on this book, but it’s beautifully done and the book looks killer. Deslabbed. Yes, it’s resto – bout you’re never going to find a copy of this book that looks THIS nice for just $25.00

oaaw290002.jpg

If it's still available please.

:roflmao:

hm I need a cup of tea and didn't that rotten bugger Andy :luhv: win this

book? (shrug)

Nope - no Andy shall touch this book. :sumo:Mike Triumphant