• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay Dolt of the day

107 posts in this topic

Here's yet another fine example of the wonderful questions i get on a daily basis.

This guy is my favorite today. Copy/pasted for your viewing pleasure:

Dear savagecomics,

Why the hell would this book be 20 it was being sold for 6 at image expo 3 weeks ago.oh and how many have you sold im sure none. What told you it was 20 bucks!

- isaiahc1

(!) The Walking Dead #49 1st print NM low print

Item Id: 140689651242

End time: Mar-26-12 13:33:59 PDT

Buyer:

isaiahc1 (0)

0.0% Positive Feedback

Member since Mar-04-12 in United States

My response:

Thank you sir for your interest in this book. Kill yourself.

Sincerely, SavageComics

Hell yeah,

This same person_too_unaware_of_social_graces sent me some messages about the 9.6 #1 Walking Dead that I have up for a BIN that is about 30% higher than the last one that ended, but it also has an or best offer.

He messages me twice with why so high and then why so expensive that is like a $100 book.

He then made an offer of like $300 and I responded even ruder than you did telling him that you are about $600 short of what the last one went for, and that my BIN is closer to reality than your lowball offer so please go and F yourself and you are blocked from bidding on my future auctions.

Hell yeah,

This same person_too_unaware_of_social_graces sent me some messages about the 9.6 #1 Walking Dead that I have up for a BIN that is about 30% higher than the last one that ended, but it also has an or best offer.

He messages me twice with why so high and then why so expensive that is like a $100 book.

He then made an offer of like $300 and I responded even ruder than you did telling him that you are about $600 short of what the last one went for, and that my BIN is closer to reality than your lowball offer so please go and F yourself and you are blocked from bidding on my future auctions.

That's nothing. I once had this guy named Isaiah send me an email. He was a total mushroom farmer. rantrant

Hell yeah,

That's nothing. I once had this guy named Isaiah send me an email. He was a total mushroom farmer. rantrant

R. O. F. L. M. A. O.

Here's yet another fine example of the wonderful questions i get on a daily basis.

Dear savagecomics,

Why the hell would this book be 20 it was being sold for 6 at image expo 3 weeks ago.oh and how many have you sold im sure none. What told you it was 20 bucks!

- isaiahc1

Buyer:

isaiahc1 (0)

0.0% Positive Feedback

My response:

Sincerely, SavageComics

(thumbs u lol

Hell yeah,

What type of mushroom?

siclaro.jpg

Dear savagecomics,

- isaiahc1

Buyer:

isaiahc1 (0)

0.0% Positive Feedback

My response:

Sincerely, SavageComics

That guys a insufficiently_thoughtful_person. First of all I think your prices are fair and even something I paid more buying it from you, like the 3 Mechanika's I just picked up turned out to be a better deal than if I bought it from someone else. They look to be solid 9.8's and you surprised me with free shipping. (worship) I love savage comics

Hell yeah,

lol

I find it strange that people running business', respond to potential customers in such manner.

I have never owned a business, but I always thought that you don't burn bridges with customers. They may be total azz's, but they talk to others that may not be, and responses such as those above are just not good business sense.

But if it does your heart good and you don't mind the occasional bad mouthing (word of mouth), then run your business your way.

I would just politely say "no", or not even respond. A "kill yourself" or "fist yourself" response is just not good business sense. Why do it? Self satisfaction?

If you were selling a $2,000.00 book here and I sent you a PM with a lowball offer of $1,200.00, would you tell me to go fist myself? Or just say "no, but I can go down to $1,850.00".

I'm curious as to your answer.

This hobby is all about trying to get the best deal you can, and some will difinitely insult you with their methods of "bargaining or bartering". But still.... business models are pretty standard that you don't insult. You just stand firm or negotiate.

Would Coca Cola, McDonalds or even CGC, EVER respond to a citizen with "kill yourself" or "fist yourself"? For any reason?

I would not think so.

I have had a few books done by CGC, with similar label errors. Such as Popeye #1 labeled as #2. I sold two on this forum and there was no premium for the label errors. Label errors are not uncommon and fun to discuss, but not something most are looking for. The above link to Ebay indicates the customer is counting on the "money shot" concerning the label error.

But somebody will think it is something they want to purchase, no doubt. It is a common modern book in PGX 9.4.

It ain't worth a plug nickel.

I have had a few books done by CGC, with similar label errors. Such as Popeye #1 labeled as #2. I sold two on this forum and there was no premium for the label errors. Label errors are not uncommon and fun to discuss, but not something most are looking for. The above link to Ebay indicates the customer is counting on the "money shot" concerning the label error.

But somebody will think it is something they want to purchase, no doubt. It is a common modern book in PGX 9.4.

It ain't worth a plug nickel.

It may not even be a label error, to boot.

Could it not have interior flaws that would drop it to a 6.5 anyway?

Not that it matters, a PGX grade is still a POS grade.

I find it strange that people running business', respond to potential customers in such manner.

I have never owned a business, but I always thought that you don't burn bridges with customers. They may be total azz's, but they talk to others that may not be, and responses such as those above are just not good business sense.

But if it does your heart good and you don't mind the occasional bad mouthing (word of mouth), then run your business your way.

I would just politely say "no", or not even respond. A "kill yourself" or "fist yourself" response is just not good business sense. Why do it? Self satisfaction?

If you were selling a $2,000.00 book here and I sent you a PM with a lowball offer of $1,200.00, would you tell me to go fist myself? Or just say "no, but I can go down to $1,850.00".

I'm curious as to your answer.

This hobby is all about trying to get the best deal you can, and some will difinitely insult you with their methods of "bargaining or bartering". But still.... business models are pretty standard that you don't insult. You just stand firm or negotiate.

Would Coca Cola, McDonalds or even CGC, EVER respond to a citizen with "kill yourself" or "fist yourself"? For any reason?

I would not think so.

^^