• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green Lantern #76 CGC 9.8 - Pedigree Grand Auction

19 posts in this topic

Is it me or does that look like initial oxydation at top staple ?

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction-detail.php?issue_id=40528

Anyone seen this book in hand ?

Looks like Doug has quite a few big guns in this auction. A Tec 27 8.5 ® was initially listed but got subbed for a Batman #1 8.5 ® :(

It is hard to tell without the book in hand, but seems to me that the top right corner on the front cover, is suspect for being a 9.8. Seems to me that CGC is erring on the side of giving the benefit of the doubt, on big books. Looks like a weak 9.6 to me. Of course CGC can not be wrong as their given grades are their opinions. You can argue with them but you can not win the argument, with given grades being their opinion. A great business model.

But a beautiful book, to be sure.

Of course CGC can not be wrong as their given grades are their opinions. You can argue with them but you can not win the argument, with given grades being their opinion. A great business model.

Gonna agree with you on this one. Did not bid on a IMSM #1 9.8 a while back on ComicLink as the top right corner was chipped off and I didn't feel the booked deserved a 9.8 grade.

So there are two 9.8's now on this fantastic book? Wow!

:gossip: been like that for a while now....

How long is "a while now," as the first 9.8 didn't even come up until Sept-2010, and it received plenty of attention since this was a book many had dreamed of finding one day.

Green Lantern 76 CGC 9.8 - King of Bronze

I never heard of the second one coming up. (shrug)

Well, if it wasn't discussed on this forum, then it can't be real news.

:sumo:

:baiting:

lol

I remember that sale on CL... thought to myself: "Ouch ! 50% drop from 1 year to the next"

The book was picked up by the guy over at PristineComics.com who's now putting it up for sale again after unsuccessful attempts at various auction houses @ 25k

lol

I remember that sale on CL... thought to myself: "Ouch ! 50% drop from 1 year to the next"

The book was picked up by the guy over at PristineComics.com who's now putting it up for sale again after unsuccessful attempts at various auction houses @ 25k

He'll probably get Neal Adams to sign it and up the price to $99,000. :mad:

lol

He'll probably get Neal Adams to sign it and up the price to $99,000. :mad:

That wouldn't surprise me the least. What has surprised me is that he has apparently dumped all of his stock in the current Pedigree auction.

first 9.8 in October 2010

second 9.8 in April 2011

not sure which one but one was presented by the OO to Matt in ?Chicago? and from the moment they looked at it apparently it was pure 9.8 all the way even without pressing.