• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dancer #1

47 posts in this topic

Yeah, loved this one. Don't normally like the 'dark, sludgy' colouring of books like these, but it suited the story well here.

I've got two copies, might pick up another couple as my lcs had plenty.

Yeah, loved this one. Don't normally like the 'dark, sludgy' colouring of books like these, but it suited the story well here.

I loved the interior art. Very dark and moody.

Also loved the shift between the main character and the sniper towards the end. Gave a great sense of stalking and set up a great WTF leading into issue 2.

I've seriously no idea where it's gonna go but I'm fairly certain it's gonna be a great ride.

Image announced "DANCER #1, the first issue of a new Image Comics thriller series by Eisner-nominee Nathan Edmondson (WHO IS JAKE ELLIS?) and Nic Klein, has sold out at the distributor level the same day that it was in stores, May 16.

Following the flight through Milan of an ex-assassin and the woman he loves, a ballerina named Quinn, as they evade a sniper's bullets, the debut garnered early raves on the day of its release.

"The best example of what's possible without a man in tights is this week's first issue of Dancer, from Image Comics."

— CNN Geek Out

"Dancer is another new series from Image that is flat-out wonderful... You'll be hooked from page one as the action kicks into high gear with some beautiful art from Nic Klein. This issue is paced so well and by the time you're finished with the book, you just want more. Fantastic story and dialogue from writer Nathan Edmondson."

— Comic Vine

DANCER #1's second printing is available for order now (APR128084) and will be in stores on June 13, the same day as DANCER #2."

Just finished the second issue and I'm still loving this.

The twist had the potential to turn this from a great read to some bizarre sci-fi knock off book but was actually handled really well.

Reads a lot like a Bourne book with a little splinter cell thrown in (Mainly due to the physical look and age of the main character).

Art is great.

Writing is great

I'm definately down for the duration. Anyone else?