• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Funny CGC error worth keeping?

27 posts in this topic

You NEVER pay for Errors, but you DO have to cover shipping cost.

This seems silly to me. Why should you have to be out of pocket on a clear error by CGC, let alone like 6 of them? CGC needs to either accept error books at a show, like they have done for me in the past (error books should NOT be treated like reholders) or should credit the person with grading fees equal to their shipping costs on their next shipment. In either case CGC should cover all of the return shipping costs.

:applause:

FalloftheHulksSavageShe-Hulks2Campbell.jpg

And a title error.

So far all listed would have been caught by photo recognition software (accept for the restored book I posted, which could have been solved by simple if-then logic written into the label template program.

This seems silly to me. Why should you have to be out of pocket on a clear error by CGC, let alone like 6 of them? CGC needs to either accept error books at a show, like they have done for me in the past (error books should NOT be treated like reholders) or should credit the person with grading fees equal to their shipping costs on their next shipment. In either case CGC should cover all of the return shipping costs.

:applause:

They do credit in CGC grading fees. In my case it was worth slightly more than the shipping cost for both ways. Fair enough in my opinion. (thumbs u

In the two instances I have had an issue with CGC making an error they made it right, once on a label error on a book I later dropped off at a show with them to be fixed, and in another case where the wrong book was in the case and I was compensated with a free SS book being graded to cover my costs for shipping the error book back to them. These are reasonable ways to handle mistakes. Making the damaged party pay even MORE to fix the problem by forcing them to return the books on their own dime is not acceptable.

If CGC is not held accountable for their own QC then why would they have any incentive to improve? If we complain until they have to pay to fix their mistakes, then maybe they'll be more careful in the future. Like any company, once their bottom line starts to be impacted they will be more mindful of these sorts of problems. That $5 invoice fee evaporates pretty quickly if they are covering a lot of free shipping both ways on mistakes they make...

Well said and a big +1.