• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uncanny X-Men 350 - cover variants

29 posts in this topic

$(KGrHqFHJDcE63Z(jjCLBO2YEdMjZ!~~60_3.JPG

!B)GpV,g!mk~$(KGrHqJ,!hgEv1+zyiVdBMMEZH)YkQ~~_12.JPG

That cover, even though only covered in foil is substantially different from the standard and therefore a variant. But what if Image just foiled the word "WildCATS" and left the rest of the over the same - would you class hat a variant?

Before anyone goes crazy trying to hunt down the newsstand edition there are only really two different covers for Uncanny X-Men "350, the Holofoil Edition and the Non-Holofoil Edition.

Even though there is a Newsstand & Direct Edition of the Non-Holofoil there is no art difference between the two, just UPC differences, so they are not considered Variants.

The only time a Newsstand cover is considered a Variant is when the art is different in some way, like the newsstand version of #423.

doh! WRONG.

Newsstand covers may be fun to collect for different UPCs but they are only TWO different covers for 350 - A Holofoil, and a Non-Holofoil.

Two substantially different covers, three different editions.

every single regular issue would have a Direct Edition and Newsstand Variant

Right.

I forgot I have no idea what I'm doing apparently. Carry on.

Before anyone goes crazy trying to hunt down the newsstand edition there are only really two different covers for Uncanny X-Men "350, the Holofoil Edition and the Non-Holofoil Edition.

Even though there is a Newsstand & Direct Edition of the Non-Holofoil there is no art difference between the two, just UPC differences, so they are not considered Variants.

The only time a Newsstand cover is considered a Variant is when the art is different in some way, like the newsstand version of #423.

doh! WRONG.

Newsstand covers may be fun to collect for different UPCs but they are only TWO different covers for 350 - A Holofoil, and a Non-Holofoil.

Two substantially different covers, three different editions.

every single regular issue would have a Direct Edition and Newsstand Variant

Right.

I forgot I have no idea what I'm doing apparently. Carry on.

:signfunny:

For me the foil has always gotten more than the non-foil. I had 2 long boxes of the non foil and it's taken me nearly 2 years to get that down to a handful of copies. (i think i'm down to 20 or so non foil non NM copies) non-foil = $5 raw nm, and Foil = $10 raw NM. I go to about 15-20 shows a year and i see just as much of each cover, so i don't think the difference in print run is really all that much. Take that how you want though considering i found 2 long's of the non foil at one point. I suppose it could be a regional thing as well.

Xforce1162_02.jpg

$(KGrHqZ,!hIE8jp(LCbyBPU,CEvU2g~~60_12.JPG

:popcorn:

In my opinion, these are not variants just the newsstand vs direct editions. This is like different price editions, not variants.

smiley_nah.gif

EDIT. I have had a thought. If the newsstand edition is not a variant as the cover is not different, then if a publisher adds foil lettering to a cover, is that a variant? So I all myself into s circle. Is the UXM 350 foil cover a variant or the foil edition, and is there a difference?

$(KGrHqJ,!oIE9c50WVMDBP(UbD8dQQ~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqJHJCIE9Ep1Utj3BPYc1drP7g~~60_3.JPG

$2.00 price tag? Why the big difference between the standard $2.95 price tag?