• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What you collect sucks: featuring The Walking Dead #1

190 posts in this topic

I think i'm gonna puke.

Me too, but for different reasons.

If I bought half the print run of this book at cover price, I could have made enough money to retire in a third-world country.

Like Canada?

No, a country without a AAA credit rating. ;)

I think i'm gonna puke.

If I bought half the print run of this book at cover price, I could have made enough money to retire in a third-world country.

Like Canada?

That was purely political, but well played.

Best case scenario, the game and tv show affect TPB sales because people actually want to read the darn things.

That's exactly what is happening. Folks are watching the show, liking it, hearing about the comics series, looking at the Comic Shop Locator Service, going to stores, buying the trades, liking them, and then looking for the first issue.

Why in the world would a person who has never walked into a comic book shop, and who is looking for trades, go to a comic shop locator instead of ordering the books for 50% off or more on Amazon?

I'm not doubting you, but I'm starting to think I'm not the person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point here.

You're not the person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point here.

In fact, I think this is the most refined case of devil's advocate I've seen in a while. :grin:

You've seen this movie before.

Combination of great book and investment/speculation. In this case it's additionally fuelled by the small print run, and the TV exposure.

I think i'm gonna puke.

Like Canada?

That was purely political, but well played.

Yeah, that whole debt ceiling issue was a fiasco. lol

I think i'm gonna puke.

Like Canada?

FIXED! They have saved my more than once!

Yeah booooooy.

Can I be the Jets?

:whee:

No, you can be Randall or Shane.

(trees)

I still don't have anything witty to say so...

33yusw44837sw.gif

trees.

My wife just asked me what I was giggling about. All I could muster was "those trees."

:ohnoez:

Yeah booooooy.

Can I be the Jets?

(trees)

33yusw44837sw.gif

trees.

My wife just asked me what I was giggling about. All I could muster was "those trees."

Damn, this is fun.

I think i'm gonna puke.

Like Canada?

:P

I think i'm gonna puke.

Like Canada?

Snap.

Yeah booooooy.

Can I be the Jets?

(trees)

33yusw44837sw.gif

trees.

Damn, this is fun.

cute-puppy-pictures-can-you-just-stfu-for-two-minuets.jpg

:foryou:

Fun is the only reason I am here. I can only be serious for short stretches at a time. I have so much stupidity to share with everyone.

Yeah booooooy.

Can I be the Jets?

(trees)

33yusw44837sw.gif

trees.

Damn, this is fun.

cute-puppy-pictures-can-you-just-stfu-for-two-minuets.jpg

:foryou:

Fun is the only reason I am here. I can only be serious for short stretches at a time. I have so much stupidity to share with everyone.

Ohno.jpg

If you see some of the crazy prices being realized for issue #1 Weekly (basically a reprint from a little over a year ago), you'd realize that Walking Dead is bringing in a lot of newbies. Unfortunately, they might be getting burned but they are definitely buying up the comic. I have to assume they are newbies because they don't seem well informed.

It's a bubble unless they drastically improve the writing for the show's third season.

I was mostly okay with the first season (who doesn't love zombies?) and could ignore a lot of the problems.

But this season has been cringe worthy for a number of reasons. There's enough concern out there to know something isn't right with the series.

What?? Get off the pipe brother, enough material has already been written for years to com.

I picked up one of the Walking Dead trades at a thrift store a few years back. I had sworn off comics in the 90's and had no desire to spend another dime on one. I read it and I was hooked. It re-kindled the love I had for comics before I got burned out. In fact, it drew me to pre-code horror and to the black and white horror magazines. Since then I have spent tens of thousands of dollars on silver and golden age books, much of that here on the boards. I assume there are others like me.

The Walking Dead and the Punisher Max series are what got me back into comics after I stopped buying in the early 90's. I'd watched a few of the Walking Dead episodes and a friend mentioned that it was based on a comic book. I ended up reading the first 25 or 30 issues and I was hooked again on collecting comics from Golden to Modern Age. It's nice to be back.