• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What you collect sucks: featuring The Walking Dead #1

190 posts in this topic

I know nothing about this book. Literally nothing. Except I just saw that a CGC 8.0 sold for $400+, which seems insane to me.

Am I ignorant? Is the buyer retarded? Am I retarded?

I know nothing about this book. Literally nothing. Except I just saw that a CGC 8.0 sold for $400+, which seems insane to me.

Are these trick questions? :grin:

hm

Stink bomb alert!!!

All of the above.

It's in the ballpark.

Check out this recent eBay completed listing...

THE WALKING DEAD # 1 CGC 9.0 $525

Yes. Yes. Yes.

All of the above.

Likely worth much less some day when the series cools off but do yourself a

favour and pick up the first trade and/or watch the show on TV. It is popular

for a reason and well worth checking out.

I was 'hoarding' them last year and they were $300 a pop, raw. When i say hoarding, i had 2 copies. lol

Sold 'em to a boardie at cost and he graded 'em out 9.6 & 9.8.

The 9.8 went for about $500. I thought that was nuts. They're approaching $1500 now.

do you realize how rare that book is in 8.0? there are only 11 out of 811 in that grade (and three of those were scribbled on) w/ only 5 lower.

When you put it that way, it seems like a bargain.

I was 'hoarding' them last year and they were $300 a pop, raw. When i say hoarding, i had 2 copies. lol

The 9.8 went for about $500. I thought that was nuts. They're approaching $1500 now.

Don't feel bad Roy. I thought $50.00 was a steal when I sold my personal copies back in the day, thinking I could replace them a few years later for less than $10.00 each... doh!

That's what you get for trying to deal in non-VintageComics.

Don't feel bad Roy. I thought $50.00 was a steal when I sold my personal copies back in the day, thinking I could replace them a few years later for less than $10.00 each... doh!

Don't worry, your wish will come true in a couple of years. Spider-Man isn't even in it.

Oh, i don't feel bad at all.

It was the only way i could make him go away.

:insane:

Likely worth much less some day when the series cools off but do yourself a

favour and pick up the first trade and/or watch the show on TV. It is popular

for a reason and well worth checking out.

Nah, I'll just play Resident Evil. :baiting: