• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ticked off ebayer

52 posts in this topic

Just got a message from an unhappy ebayer.

"I have been buying over eBay for over twelve years and have NEVER seen a worse job of shipping. Why would you bag these books, wrap Priority tape around then, attach two cardboard pieces with more Priority tape and finally wrap the entire mess with MORE Priority tape? Did you even see the hole in bag containing issue #168? The tape adhered to the cover and ruined the issue. Your disregard for the comics clearly show your disrespect for them. You are one of the worst packer I have ever see. Please for the good of the comic industry stop selling them. I am seriously considering five negative feedbacks. At least I calmed down before I wrote this message."

I offered to refund his money if he could tell me which book(s) are damaged.

The funny part is the books are either in a poly bag or mylar then packaged as if they were going to CGC.

Oh well...Hope he doesn't blow a gasket. :wishluck:

Putting a lot of tape directly on comic bags is a bad idea. Sometimes it's unavoidable when making a sandwhich, but I would never tape up a bunch of bagged comics and then put them inside the sandwhich.

Putting a lot of tape directly on comic bags is a bad idea. Sometimes it's unavoidable when making a sandwhich, but I would never tape up a bunch of bagged comics and then put them inside the sandwhich.

True dat! I often wrap comics that I ship in newspaper that is taped and then sandwiched. It's much easier to get it out of the sandwich by the recipient. I kind of agree with the purchaser on this one. I've had a hard time taking some books out that are all taped up to each other.

I never use tape. I bag-board them. Place them in Mylars or in lager (GA size) bags with more boards. Then in a priority envelope with firm cardboard. Then in a priority box with lots of stuffing so the envelope doesn't move.

:sumo:

Ticked off ebayer.

Every time I see this title on the forums, I think it reads, "Ticked off beaver." and I wonder what he's done to upset his significant other.

every time i see the thread Lady Mechanika i think of this

True dat! I often wrap comics that I ship in newspaper that is taped and then sandwiched. It's much easier to get it out of the sandwich by the recipient. I kind of agree with the purchaser on this one. I've had a hard time taking some books out that are all taped up to each other.

I do it with all packages. I tape at a 45 degree angle on each corner to the first piece of cardboard and then sandwich the second one on. The tape pulls easily off the newspaper and no pulling on the book or the bag.

Just checked my records. The books were in a mylar, then taped to a piece of cardboard, then another piece of cardboard to sandwich.

You keep records of how you ship?

I don't even keep good records of what I buy and sell.

These are actually a friend of mine's books. All of his books are stored in mylars.

Just checked my records. The books were in a mylar, then taped to a piece of cardboard, then another piece of cardboard to sandwich.

You tape them down to the cardboard with Priority tape? Does it not seem feasible that what the buyer is stating is true -- that the Priority tape came into direct contact with the comic?

I always keep tape far away from the comic/backing/sleeve. If the tape around the cardboard sandwich is snug, the comic/backing/sleeve will not slide around.

You tape them down to the cardboard with Priority tape? Does it not seem feasible that what the buyer is stating is true -- that the Priority tape came into direct contact with the comic?

I always keep tape far away from the comic/backing/sleeve. If the tape around the cardboard sandwich is snug, the comic/backing/sleeve will not slide around.

If they are open top mylars, the books will sometimes slide out the top and contact the tape. It's happened to books I've purchased several times. Books going through the postal machinery are whipped around like a violent carnival ride, so you should pack them appropriately.

The Mylars had the tape run across the middle as to be any where near the book.

I guess there is the possibility the book slid out the top and contacted the tape but that is not what he described. I plan on refunding his $ and be done with it.

I have another way of packaging so I guess I'll use that way from now on.