• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead - 1st Dayl Dixon & Something to Fear

128 posts in this topic

Robert Kirkman has hinted that Daryl Dixon will be introduced during the Something to Fear story arc and teased his first appearance with an image of someone holding his iconic crossbow. Please share your opinion regarding what issue he will debut in. There are 6 preview images on individuals holding (1) a bat; (2) an axe; (3) a sledge hammer; (4) a machette; (5) a chainsaw; and (6) a crossbow. Please share any rumors or reasoned guesses. I appreciate your insight.

Robert Kirkman has hinted that Daryl Dixon will be introduced during the Something to Fear story arc and teased his first appearance with an image of someone holding his iconic crossbow. Please share your opinion regarding what issue he will debut in. There are 6 preview images on individuals holding (1) a bat; (2) an axe; (3) a sledge hammer; (4) a machette; (5) a chainsaw; and (6) a crossbow. Please share any rumors or reasoned guesses. I appreciate your insight.

Easy #6, issue 100 crossbow. Daryl.

So the Official Walking Dead thread to discuss the storyline and story arcs of the comic is not good enough?

Do you have a weekly quota for how many threads in modern you must create or something?

:facepalm:

No. I wasn't satisfied with the discussion. Can't you ignore me or something?

^^

But Nico won't believe you. lol

The story starts with issue 97. If there are 2 covers for 97, 98 and 99 and then issue 100 is not one of the 6 images that makes sense. The images may not be covers at all but merely images used to advertise the solicitation. The images were released two at a time with the crossbow image being in the last set. If Something to Fear refers to a group of strangers it would make sense that they all appear in issue 97. I don't know if Daryl's first appearance is a big enough deal for issue 100. It's a big deal to collectors but not a climactic event. If Daryl first appears in issue 100 and kills Rick or Andrea or Glenn or Maggie - that's a big enough deal for the 100th issue. I think it is a really interesting thing to speculate about.

Come on dude, don't f'ing argue with the man. Cargo will appear in issue 102.

Oh wait, didn't he already start this discussion in another thread? Oh yeah, just Nico doing the usual.

How long until I can expect a separate thread speculating on when Merle will appear and then on what these variants will be worth?

The story starts with issue 97. If there are 2 covers for 97, 98 and 99 and then issue 100 is not one of the 6 images that makes sense. The images may not be covers at all but merely images used to advertise the solicitation. The images were released two at a time with the crossbow image being in the last set. If Something to Fear refers to a group of strangers it would make sense that they all appear in issue 97. I don't know if Daryl's first appearance is a big enough deal for issue 100. It's a big deal to collectors but not a climactic event. If Daryl first appears in issue 100 and kills Rick or Andrea or Glenn or Maggie - that's a big enough deal for the 100th issue. I think it is a really interesting thing to speculate about.

Ask a question. Get an answer. Disagree. Repeat. :facepalm:

That is usally how the most productive conversations are structured. As long as other people keep throwing ideas back and forth. If someone knows for sure, I imagine they would say so.

doh!

Oh don't you worry, the Speculation thread will be started by Nico here shortly.

EDIT: To add can you at least spell the guys name right in the thread title. DARYL, not CARGO or DAYL.

I just don't understand why he is disagreeing. If you don't agree Nico then offer an alternative. You seem to continually ask question only to disagree with the opinions you solicit. The logical choice is issue 100. To have Reedus (and other cast) at SDCC with issue 100 is just ......good timing.

That is usally how the most productive conversations are structured. As long as other people keep throwing ideas back and forth. If someone knows for sure, I imagine they would say so.

But there is no back and forth in your formula. It is only disagreeing with others opinions. What is YOUR opinion?

Outside of super hero comics, have the first appearances of late addition supporting characters in self contained creator owned comics ever been particularly valuable when compared to the previous and following issues? Are there "key" issues of Cerebus that don't relate to print run exclusively? I know there isn't for many other comics. Nobody cares when Reyek showed up in Elfquest or Lone Goat in Usagi Yojimbo.

But there is no back and forth in your formula. It is only disagreeing with others opinions. What is YOUR opinion?

2 covers for 97, 98 and 99. One of the 99 covers is the Daryl cover with the image being a last page cameo like Hulk 180 and issue 100 is double sized $4.99 and Kirkman sells 50K issues. BUT I'm a cynic who hopes that he's wrong.

Outside of super hero comics, have the first appearances of late addition supporting characters in self contained creator owned comics ever been particularly valuable when compared to the previous and following issues? Are there "key" issues of Cerebus that don't relate to print run exclusively? I know there isn't for many other comics. Nobody cares when Reyek showed up in Elfquest or Lone Goat in Usagi Yojimbo.

In Walking Dead's case Michonne (19) and Governor (27) have both commanded nice dollars. Darryl is already a fan favourite that I dare say compares to Michonne.

2 covers for 97, 98 and 99. One of the 99 covers is the Daryl cover with the image being a last page cameo like Hulk 180 and issue 100 is double sized $4.99 and Kirkman sells 50K issues. BUT I'm a cynic who hopes that he's wrong.

Isn't that partially my opinion that I offered when you asked this the last time? lol

In Walking Dead's case Michonne (19) and Governor (27) have both commanded nice dollars. Darryl is already a fan favourite that I dare say compares to Michonne.

If the zombie's come a knockin' - I want Darly in my camp. I'd even wear an ear necklace if I had to ...

I'm pretty sure it's temporary. Very temporary. The show will end, maybe sooner than we all think. The series is set to end at 200 issues. At some point I believe a lot of people that are either hoarding "key" issues or buying only first appearances in a series they don't read will move on. This isn't Amazing Spider-Man. At some point the characters will die for good (possibly after gracing just a few pages, making them a VERY temporary character), then the series will. I think #1 will always be a somewhat high dollar comic, the following few low print run issues worth more than cover, and the rest a buck each, no matter whose first appearance is contained. That's how it's always been with this type of comic. If it's as successful and popular among collectors as Cerebus when the dust settles, then 95% of the series will be available at a buck each.