• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead - 1st Dayl Dixon & Something to Fear

128 posts in this topic

I think no matter what WD #1 will be out of my price range

20 years ago I honestly thought the same about Gaiman's first issue of Sandman and Preacher #1 as they were hot books that seemed to skyrocket in value. I was also 12 and thought any book at or near $100 was expensive.

Its a book set in its own universe, so there's no draw for the crossover of characters into other books. I think the investment that some folks have put into their copies will probably keep prices up, but I could imagine seeing them slide back down in value in another 10 years.

I thought the same about Elfquest #1 when I was a kid, but that was because I lived in a small town and there was no internet. If the only guy in town wanted $75 for it then $75 is what it was going to sell for, if it ever sold. The internet made the values of a lot of comics plummet. The guide used to be THE GUIDE when I was a kid. I think Walking Dead has legs.

THE WALKING DEAD #99

story ROBERT KIRKMAN

art / cover CHARLIE ADLARD & CLIFF RATHBURN

JUNE 20

32 PAGES / BW / M

$2.99

"SOMETHING TO FEAR" CONTINUES!

The unthinkable happens, as we all gear up for next month's monumental issue 100!

Issue 99 solicits the sledge hammer for the cover.