• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT-What's your favorite classic TV show and episode from that series?

94 posts in this topic

Q

That was my first thought, but since I love the Q episodes and can't remember Picard accusing him of some "heinous crime," I figured he was talking about something else. confused-smiley-013.gif

ST:TNG is one of my favorite series, with the Q episodes being at the top of the list of favorites. Along with the borg episodes. cloud9.gif

Ya got that right! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Let's see how crazy I am with this one:

Does anyone remember a series called "Cliffhanger"

It was a weekly series that had several different stories, one of them was a vampire story. Each week would show a little more of the story. So that you had to tune in each week to the story.

Oh and I also was a huge fan of the mini-series "V" when it came out. Why did I buy those "V" comic books? sorry.gif

Any Original Star Trek episode..

But I always did like

Episode #10 The Corbomite Maneuver

Treekkkeeeeeee!!! The original shows are the best!

I don't care if the special effects and make-up

are laughable today these shows rock!!! thumbsup2.gif

COMPLETELY AGREE!!

Personal favorites -

The Ultimate Computer: Kirk always manages to outthink the computer. And it had 4 additional starships.

Elaan of Troyus: The love of the Enterprise outweighs a lady's tears! And a nice battle with the Klingons.

Amok Time: Spock in love. Spock "kills" Kirk.

Balance of Terror: First Romulans - thought the design on their ship was cool.

Mirror, Mirror: Spock with a beard. Nuff said.

Best TV franchise ever created.

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Fave Seinfeld: the Indian Wedding (the backwards one), followed by Kramer's Merv Griffin show. Too many classics to mention, really.

Seinfeld: The Contest!!! Great episode. Also love the one where Jerry ends up flying in first class with some model while Elaine has a nightmare experience in coach.

GREAT episode! Who would have thought you could make such a funny episode out of a blush.gif topic?

I'll add one that never gets old - The Soup Nazi. 893censored-thumb.gif hilarious!

I'm surprised no one has brought up Cheers. confused-smiley-013.gif

Any of the early shows with Sam & Diane denying their interest in each other were great!

The episode when Frasier & Lilith finally hook up is damn funny too!

Hill Street Blues.

The episode where Hill takes care of business by beating the living snot out of Benedetto (Dennis Franz pre-NYPD Blue) after he blind-sides his partner, Renko.

"You know my partner."

"? Big Mouth?! How's his scooter? How's his FACE?"

*pause*

"So, you want a piece a me too?"

"You're not as dumb as you look."

Rick

PS: "C'mon Sal, waiting for me to turn my back on you?"

WHAM BAM!

"C'mon Sal, whatsamatter? You can't fight someone when they're facing you?! C'MON SAL!!

BIFF SPLAT GORK!

You all are focusing on the wrong Star Trek series for the greatest single episode.

Deep Space Nine's "The Visitor" is, IMHO, the finest episode of Trek ever filmed. Sisko is trapped "someplace" after a transporter accident and only reappears every so often, but on a schedule, to his son, Jake. The episode follows Jake through the years without a father and his attempts to fix the accident.

Truly great, very low key episode! Especially for those with children....

Jim

Let's see how crazy I am with this one:

Does anyone remember a series called "Cliffhanger"

It was a weekly series that had several different stories, one of them was a vampire story. Each week would show a little more of the story. So that you had to tune in each week to the story.

Oh and I also was a huge fan of the mini-series "V" when it came out. Why did I buy those "V" comic books? sorry.gif

I remember thumbsup2.gif

It was three stories I believe, each done in serial fashion...I think I looked on the net once to jog my memory about this series...

One was like you said, the vampire/Dracula story, the other was about some guy's fight with robots or something, and the next was about a lady reporter who gets into all sorts of trouble..one I remember her trapped on the Amazon with the boat sinking and pirahna snapping around her...

As far as obscure shows go, recently that is, I liked Bravo's airing of Breaking News a tv show about a 24hr news channel...extremely well-acted and scripted. This was the series that TNT had created and decided not to air the entire first season, but Bravo did. It started Tim Matheson and Clancy Brown (the head guard from the Shawshank Redemption).

Also, I was fan of G vs. E, on the USA network...that was a funny show!

By the way - seems TVLAND had a 48hour ADDAMS FAMILY marathon this weekend BUT>>>they are now going to be airing the show weeknights at 9:00 and 9:30 - starting tonight.

ADDAMS FAMILY was always a favorite.