• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speculative Predictions for Walking Dead keys?

130 posts in this topic

doh! I should have included 53. That list is by no means complete - please add some more numbers I left out. I need to re-read the series.

Anybody see what individual issues sell for on amazon? It's crazy.

Those are asking prices...not selling prices.

Serious answer?

Besides the obvious early ones 19 and 27, I'd lean to:

WD 48 - Death galore

WD 49 - new direction

WD 70

WD 83

WD 91

WD 97 - A hunch...

(trying to be spoiler free...)

I'm partial to 33 - Michonne torture issue

I'd have to go with 48, simply because it's already a $20+ book. If and when the hits the fan on the show, it should be the hot book that month. Provided we aren't all sick of the show by then.

Speaking from ownership of 25% of issue 48, I'll go with issue 48! :D

If you REALLY wanted to run down the list though, what about strictly covers?

Issue 16 is most likely one of the most popular TM zombie covers

Issue 33 and 43 are the only Governor covers.

That aside, 43 - 48 are obvious choices.

As for content related:

Issue 27, 28, 29, 31, 32, 33, and 43 - 48 are the only appearances of the governor.

Issue 42 is the Death of Carol, but is far better for the dbl page splash of the Governor and his army coming over the horizon.

why does everyone consider the deaths to be keys ? Once the character has died unless they are a long lasting character I simply move on ... & even if they are long lasting I'd rather have the first app of the person than the death ... Its not like marvel or dc where they get a wicked spectacular death in one event & then return in the next ...

why does everyone consider the deaths to be keys ? Once the character has died unless they are a long lasting character I simply move on ... & even if they are long lasting I'd rather have the first app of the person than the death ... Its not like marvel or dc where they get a wicked spectacular death in one event & then return in the next ...

I think it's the nature of the book. The deaths are typically so out of left field and quite memorable.

Anybody want to make a "spoiler" list of keys/key events - we can contribute as go along, but I don't want to spoil things if people are not up for it.

That's why I want to see a list of what everyone considers a key.

Deaths are so common in the story, I don't even see where a 1st appearance should really be considered a "key".

#1 - yeah, I get that. 1st issue of the series.

#19 - Michionne, I get that to a lesser degree.

Everything else, so what?

That's why I want to see a list of what everyone considers a key.

Deaths are so common in the story, I don't even see where a 1st appearance should really be considered a "key".

#1 - yeah, I get that. 1st issue of the series.

#19 - Michionne, I get that to a lesser degree.

Everything else, so what?

Let's put it in terms of how the WD "keys" line up with their Silver Age Fantastic Four Equivalents.

#10 is like FF #4 with a new character appearing that could be friendly or might not be, but eventually turns into a hero in his own right.

#27 is the WD equivalent of FF #5 for the series.

#33 and #48 are a lot like FF #25 and #26, big spectacles with lots of characters and eventful happenings.

Sorta works out that way. There are turning points to the story that act as catalysts for the new arcs. Those are as important to the series as first appearances.

Then I'm surprised your wouldn't recognize issue 48.

They all blend together (probably b/c I don't have the individual issues). What happens in that issue?

There certainly are certain events I remember:

-Ricks hand getting lopped off

-Michionne exacting revenge on the Gov

-Lori getting killed

-Carl getting shot in the head

Then I'm surprised your wouldn't recognize issue 48.

They all blend together (probably b/c I don't have the individual issues). What happens in that issue?

There certainly are certain events I remember:

-Ricks hand getting lopped off

-Michionne exacting revenge on the Gov

-Lori getting killed

-Carl getting shot in the head

#3 happens in that issue.