• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zap Comix #1 1968 Robert Crumb signed 9.8

28 posts in this topic

Up for sale is a CGC 9.8 Qualified Zap Comix #1 second print 1968. This was a signature witnessed by a PGX representative. I purchased this and then sent it in for CGC certification. It was a PGX 9.9 and is now a green label CGC 9.8. There has been 1 sale of this book in unrestored form in 2011 that was a universal CGC 9.4 for $1554.

My last purchase of a Robert Crumb signature cost me $3000 more than the GPAnalysis.com recorded last sale of that comic in blue label.

I am asking $5500 but will consider any offers.

Zap1.jpg

ZapPGX99.jpg

Free shipping.

I only show the PGX label for historic accuracy. I''m showing the provenance which proves a witnessed signature.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with this. This is taking the letter of the law to the extreme, like a traffic officer giving you a citation for going one mile an hour over the speed limit. It's in a CGC slab, he is selling it in the CGC slab, no harm no foul.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with this. This is taking the letter of the law to the extreme, like a traffic officer giving you a citation for going one mile an hour over the speed limit. It's in a CGC slab, he is selling it in the CGC slab, no harm no foul.

Yes, it's being sold in a CGC slab. Not only that, it's a demonstration of the reliability and trustworthiness of CGC versus the, well, less than stellar reputation of the so-called competition. The seller has indicated very clearly that they opted to have a book that's REALLY a 9.8 qualified rather than a book that's a 9.9 but graded by Brand Ecch. This listing doesn't seem to me to violate the letter OR the spirit of the rules here.

[font:Book Antiqua]+1 [/font]

(thumbs u

Looks like at this point the vote is 5 to 2 that is was OK to show the PGX slab not as a for sale item but as a provenance showing. Getting beyond the fact that there is a picture of this comic in it's previous form, is anyone interested in the comic itself rather than how it is posted?

First I see no problem with your post (except I'd put the CGC slab pic first)

Second, I'd love to own the book because it's awesome but no $$$$$ to spend on it.

Good luck!

If I were selling it I would stick to the CGC info only, not for any other reason but that it's the most reliable bit of information you've got going for you.

(thumbs u

+2

If I were selling it I would stick to the CGC info only, not for any other reason but that it's the most reliable bit of information you've got going for you.

In this case, the PGX label adds validity, or at least more information, about the signature. This is information that should help his sale. He should be allowed to show this fact.

(thumbs u

+2

+3 :headbang: