• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Arrow" TV Show on CW Network
1 1

2,208 posts in this topic

Great episode tonight. All the build-up they have been working towards since the season started paid off. I enjoyed Grant Gustin as Barry the first episode, but I felt he grew into the role even better tonight.

The show comes back from the mid-season break sooner than The Walking Dead, but January 15th is still way too long to wait for my liking.

Agreed, fantastic episode!!!

Last nights show - wow . . . :cloud9:

The sequence where Barry Allen is struck by lightning in the chemistry lab was so cool.

I especially loved how they showed the chemicals rising out of the beakers to combine into the electrically-charged chemo-cocktail that would bathe our hero and endow him with super-speed. Linking it to the collider just adds that much more for them to weave the origin into this universe they seem to be building.

Great episode tonight. All the build-up they have been working towards since the season started paid off. I enjoyed Grant Gustin as Barry the first episode, but I felt he grew into the role even better tonight.

The show comes back from the mid-season break sooner than The Walking Dead, but January 15th is still way too long to wait for my liking.

Totally agree! Best TV in a long time.

I like the show - but best TV in a long time? Er, no.

Ok, how about best TV for a Flash-loving DC junkie who's waited a long time for this?

Best TV for that guy I mean. ;)

Ok, how about best TV for a Flash-loving DC junkie who's waited a long time for this?

Yes, I concur.

Are you looking forward to the Flash TV show?

Yes, I concur.

Are you looking forward to the Flash TV show?

Yes of course I am, but I also realize making it into a good TV show is as hard as catching lightning in a bottle. I don't envy them, they hard quite a job ahead and very unforgiving fans to try to satisfy. In the articles where it was first announced, the creators seem to really love the character (Flash) and relish the challenge.

So we'll see. :wishluck:

Do you think that the Flash costume will transfer successfully onto the TV screen?

Or will they even use the classic costume?

I actually don't have much faith it could - I mean skin-tight doesn't seem to work that well in real-life (maybe CG'd) and young Barry doesn't seem like he'd fill it out all that well. To be honest with you, this is the one thing I fear the most. The suit could be the killer if it's awful. Maybe he won't have one for a while, which i think might be safest.

Do you think that the Flash costume will transfer successfully onto the TV screen?

i actually don't have much faith it could - I mean skin-tight doesn't seem to work that well, and young Barry doesn't seem like he'd fill it out all that well. To be honest with you, this is the one thing I fear the most. The suit could be the killer if it's awful. Maybe he won't have one for a while, which i think might be safest.

I agree. Just have him wearing a red top and trousers combo.

i actually don't have much faith it could - I mean skin-tight doesn't seem to work that well, and young Barry doesn't seem like he'd fill it out all that well. To be honest with you, this is the one thing I fear the most. The suit could be the killer if it's awful. Maybe he won't have one for a while, which i think might be safest.

I agree. Just have him wearing a red top and trousers combo.

(thumbs u and call himself what, the blur lol

I'm not too sure how well the red and yellow spandex will translate onto the screen, but it did seem like they were trying to establish Barry knowing how to make the material for a costume when he gave Oliver his gift.

Speaking of The Flash TV series they're developing, I wasn't sure if this was posted already, but here are the casting rumours around Iris and her father:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=49531

Also, I don't know how they're going to use the whole secret identity thing. Barry seems like a pretty open guy.

I don't know about best TV in a long time, but I just watched the latest 2 episodes and they were both solid "A" quality. This is how superhero TV should be done - it's dark, gritty and violent enough to balance out the melodrama and CW-ness of it all (don't know why people are complaining about it; it's not like there's any more of it than you get in comic books). It's what a great comic book TV show should look like, moreso than Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (about as edgy as a bowling ball) or past Superman shows like "Smallville" and "Lois and Clark" (both of which I liked, but were much more overtly about the syrupy romantic subplots and whatnot).

Love how they are bringing more and more big name characters (Barry Allen, Brother Blood, Deathstroke, etc.) into it as well, whereas Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is limited to second-hand references to the Avengers movie. This has become must-see TV for comic book enthusiasts. :applause:

It was a great show last night I enjoyed every part of it including both ends. I wonder if the plot picks up were Barry gets hit or are they going to do flash backs.

lol

Edited by Hodor

I am a huge fan of the show since I got hooked on DC Comics in 1963. I love how they waited until the very end to give Barry his chemical bath.

Looks like Arrow is going to need some help with all the bad guys popping up in Star City. Wonder how powerful Roy Harper becomes!

Cannot wait until the next episodes.