• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For Dale Roberts

32 posts in this topic

I'm always amazed at how many people don't think they have to pay their bills. My wife and daughter ran a dance studio for a couple years, and you learn a lot about people and their sense of entitlement. :screwy: We live in a small town and still bump into these people that owe us money occasionally.

I can imagine how that feels. To you and Mrs. Lizard.... like a wound got opened up again. To the rip off non payers..... like a dull sensation of not remembering something they were supposed to do.... but it will go away pretty soon :facepalm:

Interesting story but what does this have to do with Dale? hm

Pointing to the fact that Dale posted a thread about how CG isn't ever about comics books anymore, but things vaguely related to comics.

Interesting story but what does this have to do with Dale? hm

Pointing to the fact that Dale posted a thread about how CG isn't ever about comics books anymore, but things vaguely related to comics.

so Hitler was in a comic? Or was senormac?

???

Mike,

You have a hard enough job without some tool proving how much of a tool he is. I hope you called SPD and had this guy hooked up. If that happens in my neck of the woods, give me a jingle and someone will be taking a trip to the bucket.

SW-350096.jpg

Sorry to hear that happened. You're one of the nicest and kindest people I know. (thumbs u

Mike,

You have a hard enough job without some tool proving how much of a tool he is. I hope you called SPD and had this guy hooked up.

Turned out it was under the sheriffs jurisdiction ..... but still couldn't prosecute cuz I didn't actually see him doing it. Oh well..... I'm sure the guy has enough problems to worry about. I'm not losing sleep over it.

Hope we can get in a lunch or two together in Seattle. I hear there are some good beer places up there :grin::baiting:

Mike,

You have a hard enough job without some tool proving how much of a tool he is. I hope you called SPD and had this guy hooked up.

Turned out it was under the sheriffs jurisdiction ..... but still couldn't prosecute cuz I didn't actually see him doing it. Oh well..... I'm sure the guy has enough problems to worry about. I'm not losing sleep over it.

Hope we can get in a lunch or two together in Seattle. I hear there are some good beer places up there :grin::baiting:

We'll take the time and a find a few.

A couple days ago I went to a house to work a disconnect order. It was in a kind of lower income neighborhood. Kinda junky uncared for, all around. The guys property had all sorts of "stuff" laying around and the bushes were all grown up tall and wild. Pieces of wood and broken fences, boards and junk. No lawn, just mud. He had an old boat. Couple of non working cars. Bikes, tables, furniture, boxes of who knows what. Tarps covering stuff. Microwave ovens, coffee makers, cans of screws etc. etc. etc. And this was in his front yard ! I knock, a guy answers and I tell him I have a work order to disconnect the electrictiy unless he can make the promised payment. He had of course already been in the office to make arrangements long before its my turn to go there.

So I say...." I have a work order to disconnect the electricity unless somebody here can..... and cuts me off and says..... "can I have 24 more hours, but he can't. By the time the office has worked up an order for me to actually go out to the property and talk to them.....its too late. Its pay now or I have to shut it off.

I say...."No, theres a .... and he cuts me off and says.... "can I have till the end of the day"?

I say...."No, the office has already given you a..... and he cuts me off again and says " just go ahead and shut it off then".... and slams the door in my face. WHAM !!

So, with a sigh, I go around the side of the house working my way through all the junk. I pull the meter and cut the flow, then put on the locking device. It takes like 2 minutes.

When I go back around again to the front and head up the driveway to where my truck is parked, I see out in the street......the guy ! Who was at the front door a minute ago ! Same red jacket, same haircut... ! The same guy who just slammed the door in my face, but now he is out in the street by my truck and he looks up and sees me and begins walking away down the middle of the street and goes around the corner.

I think ...."thats odd, wasn't that the same guy I just talked to at the door? And when I come up to my truck ( company truck) I get my keys out to open the door and I see this blue spray paint all over the side of my rig !! The guy..... or somebody else (yea right) ... has vandalized my truck while I was here, for just the few minutes it took to do the job.

And what was it he wrote ?? He wrote .... NAZI SCUM and then a SWASTIKA and then another NAZI down the whole side of the truck.

And then I thought about an Alex Schomburg comic book cover :grin::baiting:

This is not pop culture... (shrug)