• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For Dale Roberts

32 posts in this topic

A couple days ago I went to a house to work a disconnect order. It was in a kind of lower income neighborhood. Kinda junky uncared for, all around. The guys property had all sorts of "stuff" laying around and the bushes were all grown up tall and wild. Pieces of wood and broken fences, boards and junk. No lawn, just mud. He had an old boat. Couple of non working cars. Bikes, tables, furniture, boxes of who knows what. Tarps covering stuff. Microwave ovens, coffee makers, cans of screws etc. etc. etc. And this was in his front yard ! I knock, a guy answers and I tell him I have a work order to disconnect the electrictiy unless he can make the promised payment. He had of course already been in the office to make arrangements long before its my turn to go there.

So I say...." I have a work order to disconnect the electricity unless somebody here can..... and cuts me off and says..... "can I have 24 more hours, but he can't. By the time the office has worked up an order for me to actually go out to the property and talk to them.....its too late. Its pay now or I have to shut it off.

I say...."No, theres a .... and he cuts me off and says.... "can I have till the end of the day"?

I say...."No, the office has already given you a..... and he cuts me off again and says " just go ahead and shut it off then".... and slams the door in my face. WHAM !!

So, with a sigh, I go around the side of the house working my way through all the junk. I pull the meter and cut the flow, then put on the locking device. It takes like 2 minutes.

When I go back around again to the front and head up the driveway to where my truck is parked, I see out in the street......the guy ! Who was at the front door a minute ago ! Same red jacket, same haircut... ! The same guy who just slammed the door in my face, but now he is out in the street by my truck and he looks up and sees me and begins walking away down the middle of the street and goes around the corner.

I think ...."thats odd, wasn't that the same guy I just talked to at the door? And when I come up to my truck ( company truck) I get my keys out to open the door and I see this blue spray paint all over the side of my rig !! The guy..... or somebody else (yea right) ... has vandalized my truck while I was here, for just the few minutes it took to do the job.

And what was it he wrote ?? He wrote .... NAZI SCUM and then a SWASTIKA and then another NAZI down the whole side of the truck.

And then I thought about an Alex Schomburg comic book cover :grin::baiting:

Boy was that a wiff :insane:

I thought I'd at least get a couple smiley faces. :sorry:

.... or some this belongs in the water cooler comments.

which is why I put in that bit at the end ..... :P:popcorn::insane:

Sorry to hear it Mike. Obviously the guy did it while you were cutting off his electicity but unless you saw him spraying your

vehicle you can't prove a thing.

What a loser.

The company did file a police report but thats about as far as it went. We got the paint off before it set.... lol

Well, were you wearing your Iron Cross or not? (shrug)

It had to be the Jackboots. He always wears the Jackboots when imposing his will upon the masses, right?

A couple days ago I went to a house to work a disconnect order. It was in a kind of lower income neighborhood. Kinda junky uncared for, all around. The guys property had all sorts of "stuff" laying around and the bushes were all grown up tall and wild. Pieces of wood and broken fences, boards and junk. No lawn, just mud. He had an old boat. Couple of non working cars. Bikes, tables, furniture, boxes of who knows what. Tarps covering stuff. Microwave ovens, coffee makers, cans of screws etc. etc. etc. And this was in his front yard ! I knock, a guy answers and I tell him I have a work order to disconnect the electrictiy unless he can make the promised payment. He had of course already been in the office to make arrangements long before its my turn to go there.

So I say...." I have a work order to disconnect the electricity unless somebody here can..... and cuts me off and says..... "can I have 24 more hours, but he can't. By the time the office has worked up an order for me to actually go out to the property and talk to them.....its too late. Its pay now or I have to shut it off.

I say...."No, theres a .... and he cuts me off and says.... "can I have till the end of the day"?

I say...."No, the office has already given you a..... and he cuts me off again and says " just go ahead and shut it off then".... and slams the door in my face. WHAM !!

So, with a sigh, I go around the side of the house working my way through all the junk. I pull the meter and cut the flow, then put on the locking device. It takes like 2 minutes.

When I go back around again to the front and head up the driveway to where my truck is parked, I see out in the street......the guy ! Who was at the front door a minute ago ! Same red jacket, same haircut... ! The same guy who just slammed the door in my face, but now he is out in the street by my truck and he looks up and sees me and begins walking away down the middle of the street and goes around the corner.

I think ...."thats odd, wasn't that the same guy I just talked to at the door? And when I come up to my truck ( company truck) I get my keys out to open the door and I see this blue spray paint all over the side of my rig !! The guy..... or somebody else (yea right) ... has vandalized my truck while I was here, for just the few minutes it took to do the job.

And what was it he wrote ?? He wrote .... NAZI SCUM and then a SWASTIKA and then another NAZI down the whole side of the truck.

And then I thought about an Alex Schomburg comic book cover :grin::baiting:

Sorry to see that you have to endure that kind of "clientele"...

CAL who has never been to Oregon...

I'm always amazed at how many people don't think they have to pay their bills. My wife and daughter ran a dance studio for a couple years, and you learn a lot about people and their sense of entitlement. :screwy: We live in a small town and still bump into these people that owe us money occasionally.

I'm always amazed at how many people don't think they have to pay their bills. My wife and daughter ran a dance studio for a couple years, and you learn a lot about people and their sense of entitlement. :screwy: We live in a small town and still bump into these people that owe us money occasionally.

Some of them even make it out to be your fault and not their own.

:facepalm:

Some of them even make it out to be your fault and not their own.

:facepalm:

I remember one 'customer' who had us mail-order their kids recital costume, then refused to pay for the "shipping". I'm sure this idjut thought we were charging them shipping from our house to the dance studio or something. It wasn't worth the battle trying to make this person understand.

Boy was that a wiff :insane:

I thought I'd at least get a couple smiley faces. :sorry:

.... or some this belongs in the water cooler comments.

which is why I put in that bit at the end ..... :P:popcorn::insane:

I kept on waiting for you to say you went to disconnect and saw a cardboard box filled with GA Cap's or similar.

Sorry to see that you have to endure that kind of "clientele"...

CAL who has never been to Oregon...

Oh, they're everywhere I'm sure :hi: