• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead OA price bubble

57 posts in this topic

I dont really see much Walking Dead OA for sale, atleast not pages with zombies and such. So does this mean that collectors are hoarding waiting for the right time to sell ? The pages that are for sale are asking for big money so do you think the pages will hold the value or sink like a stone once the show runs its course?

I dont really see much Walking Dead OA for sale, atleast not pages with zombies and such. So does this mean that collectors are hoarding waiting for the right time to sell ? The pages that are for sale are asking for big money so do you think the pages will hold the value or sink like a stone once the show runs its course?

The art was popular for about 8 years before the show ever existed. The value of the art isn't as tied to the show as you may think.

There is usually a few auctions on ebay and splashpageart.com has a ton. I don't think there is hoarding. There would be too much to hoard! Splash page does charge a pretty good premium for zombie pages though even though.

The art isn't that expensive compared to some others. It is all a matter of perspective.

The art was popular for about 8 years before the show ever existed. The value of the art isn't as tied to the show as you may think.

So true. The comic is still >>> than the show and will be around long after the show is over (even if runs for 10 seasons). Kirkman loves the book and will stay on it - it's a wonderful playground.

I would love to own a page by tony moore. I'm not an adlard fan and don't want to spend 11x17 money to get an 8x10 page.

I would love to own a page by tony moore. I'm not an adlard fan and don't want to spend 11x17 money to get an 8x10 page.

The art pages from WD are all only 8x10? Interesting...

Adlard switched to 8 x 14 pages in the late 30s or early 40s. I can't remember he exact issue right now. The image area is much smaller that before.

I think he switched in issue 36. Not sure though.

Image area on a 11x17 board is 8.75 x 13.5

Image area on a 8x14 board is 6.625x10.25

118.125 square inches vs 67.90

I think you had done that calculation before. lol

Yes I did that somewhere. My memory would not let me recall it though.

Just over 1/2 the size they used to be.

I have passed on some art because it just wasn't worth it to me being on smaller boards but your piece is pretty significant in TWD lore. It isn't like you can get that reveal page in any other form.

However, the size of the page should have been noted.

Does anyone know why the change? It seems odd. I mean I have some TF and other stuff that the artists cut their own pages for, but usually it's a bit larger and the stock is somewhat different than a traditional comic page, so I suppose I get why one would go larger, just not smaller...

I remember reading he was having trouble keeping up, and the detail from the larger pages wasn't making a difference, so he switched to smaller.

Same detail for the comic, but way faster to draw.

Yes I did that somewhere. My memory would not let me recall it though.

Just over 1/2 the size they used to be.

i've only bought art before 36 , and will never buy any small size page, covers are always 11X17 anyway