• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New to CGC, Help appreciated

16 posts in this topic

Hello, new here. I've gotten pretty good at general grades, but the higher grades I haven't really had a whole lot of practice with. I just recently joined CGC and was hoping to send a few books for grading. I was hoping to get a few opinions on if these books would be worth sending in. Thanks. -Steve

img389.jpg

img390.jpg

img391.jpg

img392.jpg

img393.jpg

img394.jpg

img395.jpg

img396.jpg

img397.jpg

img398.jpg

wd 19 9.2 corner and looks like a lot of chipping on spine

wd 27 9.6 the staple looks odd compared to the other one

wd 7 9.4 spine crease and rounded corner it looks like

spidey 316 9.6

peter parker 1 9.4

Goodluck im not the best grader but thats my thoughts on these

9.2-9.4 walking dead 19

That's the only one I would consider sending in since michonne just made her debut on the season finale and this issue will probably skyrocket in demand. My 2¢. All the other books look good, but if you are trying to sell them, its not worth the money sending them in. Better to sell them raw. If you want to just send them in for your own collection, then I say go for it.

9.2-9.4 walking dead 19

That's the only one I would consider sending in since michonne just made her debut on the season finale and this issue will probably skyrocket in demand. My 2¢. All the other books look good, but if you are trying to sell them, its not worth the money sending them in. Better to sell them raw. If you want to just send them in for your own collection, then I say go for it.

Thanks for the replies. I don't know if I want to sell them yet, I may just put them up with a buy it now price that is a little high and if they sell they sell. As for the others not being worth it, I would have to disagree with WD 27. Since they announced The Governor for season 3 of the show this issue has skyrocketed. I may try to get a better WD #19 though. -Steve

9.2-9.4 walking dead 19

Thanks for the replies. I don't know if I want to sell them yet, I may just put them up with a buy it now price that is a little high and if they sell they sell. As for the others not being worth it, I would have to disagree with WD 27. Since they announced The Governor for season 3 of the show this issue has skyrocketed. I may try to get a better WD #19 though. -Steve

I think you're right with your interpretation on WD 27. WD 19 skyrocketed recently for the character introduction. If the character is received well in season 3, I think in several months you could see a price boost on this one, also.

Alot of people I have bought WD books off of already wanted a large amount for 27 before the gov was even on the show, now with him being cast this comic will sky rocket. not like #19 because Michonne is such a huge fan favorite but I would think that #27 would be worth a submission.

spidey 316 9.6

peter parker 1 9.4

Can't agree on the PP#1. Looks like a small colour breaking crease and rounded corner on the bottom right front cover and something going on on the top left back cover.

Wasn't aware about the #27 and the governor debut in season 3, so I would say that would be worth subbing also. I'm pretty sure I just sold that issue for like 5 bucks or something cheap like that too.
Well if you want to sell another one for $5 let me know because thats one of the gaps i need to fill in my set. every person ive seen/contacted selling WD have been price gauging and selling at nearly double mint price for VF copies and I refuse to buy for anything unreasonable like that.

wd 19 9.0

wd 27 9.2

wd 7 8.0

spidey 316 9.0

peter parker 1 7.5

Watch the corners and those staples

keep in mind some of the newer issues may be more cost effective to purchase already encapsulated copies ;)

spidey 316 9.6

peter parker 1 9.4

Can't agree on the PP#1. Looks like a small colour breaking crease and rounded corner on the bottom right front cover and something going on on the top left back cover.

But other then that u think grades are ok then?

I didnt catch the PP thansk for pointing it out

spidey 316 9.6

peter parker 1 9.4

But other then that u think grades are ok then?

I didnt catch the PP thansk for pointing it out

The Walking Deads look pretty clean. The ASM 316 doesn't look 9.6 to me and I wouldn't submit it based on the scan.