• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedigree Comics March Auction

53 posts in this topic

Don't judge prices from pedigree auctions. The pool of potential buyers is minimized when it comes to pedigree comics auctions.

Nonetheless, someone overpaid on these 2 books:

FF #2 9.6 @ $82500.00

AV #4 9.6 OW @ $69500.00

Here's another one that I thought someone overpaid for...

Amazing Spider-Man #13 @ $33,500.00 (10k-17k over two sales last fall)

I always read a lot of thinly veiled insinuations about shady business on the part of pedigree comics, but will someone just state it outright? What's the reason a lot of serious board members avoid these auctions?

I always read a lot of thinly veiled insinuations about shady business on the part of pedigree comics, but will someone just state it outright? What's the reason a lot of serious board members avoid these auctions?

It's been stated clearly time and time again here. There's nothing insinuated regarding our GPA-manipulating, shill-bidding-encouraging, trimmed-book-submitting disbarred lawyer. (thumbs u

It's been stated clearly time and time again here. There's nothing insinuated regarding our GPA-manipulating, shill-bidding-encouraging, trimmed-book-submitting disbarred lawyer. (thumbs u

dont forget just being an overall jerk...like stealing customers

Man, Doug is not doing himself any favours. Some of those auction prices are so low he'd be better off paying someone 10%.

:eek:

I'm not too surprised, everyone must be tapped out given all the great books that have been auctioned off lately. Some of the prices were very strong, almost $1,300 for that FF#120! Last GPA sale was $750 although that was back in 2007.

Of course, I wasn't as happy with the purchase when I realized Doug charges $20 shipping for one slab and then adds a buyers prem on the shipping. :facepalm:

Doesn't ComicLink do this as well? I assume you're using a credit card--CC companies take a 3% bite out of everything you charge to them. Not just product costs, but the shipping as well, they don't differentiate.

Of course, I wasn't as happy with the purchase when I realized Doug charges $20 shipping for one slab and then adds a buyers prem on the shipping. :facepalm:

Doesn't ComicLink do this as well? I assume you're using a credit card--CC companies take a 3% bite out of everything you charge to them. Not just product costs, but the shipping as well, they don't differentiate.

No. If you use your bank card with ComicLink, they only add the 3% buyers prem onto the books and not onto the shipping. I can see them passing on the cost, but with charging $20 to ship a single slab....figured they were already doing that.

dont forget just being an overall jerk...like stealing customers

You're absolutely right...forgot that one. doh!

How about that the only sale I'll believe is the AS #100 one just posted.

All the others are pure speculation.

How do we all know that all those books listed in your sold section are for real and not just speculation? :)

Man, Doug is not doing himself any favours. Some of those auction prices are so low he'd be better off paying someone 10%.

:eek:

Doug took a hit of 5k on the Thor 126 9.8

I used to like Doug's auctions but lately they are just BORING. It's the same old stuff, uber high graded Silver Age Marvel. He really needs to expand his horizons as some of us like DC and a little GA in the mix wouldn't hurt. I don't know if other collectors are feeling like me but it is no longer possible to get excited about this stuff. Do they manufacture a pill for this condition ?

I used to like Doug's auctions but lately they are just BORING. It's the same old stuff, uber high graded Silver Age Marvel. He really needs to expand his horizons as some of us like DC and a little GA in the mix wouldn't hurt. I don't know if other collectors are feeling like me but it is no longer possible to get excited about this stuff. Do they manufacture a pill for this condition ?

Actually, this last auction had more GA stuff (even if that only translates to a handful of books) than I can remember....

Have you tried the mycomicshop auctions? Lots of interesting stuff there for those of us who aren't just looking for high dollar 9.6 or 9.8 silver and gold.

Actually, this last auction had more GA stuff (even if that only translates to a handful of books) than I can remember....

Maybe, but when you compare his auctions to Clink, there is no comparison, much more variety with Clink.