• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead: Printed in Canada

46 posts in this topic

Well apparently im not sure. I guess i should have asked if there was a difference between the two?

One is written in English and the other is written in Canadian.

And the zombies go around saying "Brains, eh?"

I thought most books were printed in Canada

Yep, many and probably still most comics are printed in Canada (though there is an increasing trend towards using printers outside North America). Transcontinental Printing in Canada is one of the largest printers of comics around. Several major publishers use them.

Well apparently im not sure. I guess i should have asked if there was a difference between the two?

[font:Book Antiqua]Ehhh?[/font]

;)

Most Marvel comics were printed in Canada 10 years ago because our dollar was so low and the quality was so good. I believe that Quebecor printed a lot of them in Montreal, they were shipped to the distribution centre in the US and distributed back to Montreal. I am not sure if this has changed since the dollars are now at parity. I can see that the pritnting may now be in offshore locations.

Mike

;)

And you call yourself Canadian ay.

strange-brew.jpg

;)

I don't know what you guys are tahlkin' aboot?

I think the word "ehh" makes sense and has a purpose (shrug)

Its like adding a question mark at the end of your sentence.

If I say "That was a great book." to someone, I am just making a statement.

If I say "That was a great book ehh" I am waiting for a response.

In other words, you cant just use it anywhere, ex. "I dropped my book ehh" , would make no sense.

rantrant

;)

strange-brew.jpg

Actually that's me on the right...

Well, one copy is American and the other is a frostback.

Frostbacks? FROSTBACKS?!? Sorry, this is racist, ehh.

:jokealert:

Because they seem to be Canadian issues. Every other issue i have says printed in the USA. So i became suspicious sent them back.

What other issues do you have? I don't own any issues of the comic, but the early TPBs were printed in Canada, then a few were printed in China :sick: and they are currently printed in the U.S.