• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Secret Wars #8

20 posts in this topic

9.6+ Could see a 9.8 on this,but hard to tell from a scan. (thumbs u
I only paid $20 for it so do you think its worth submitting? if its a 9.6-9.8 comicspriceguide.com has the graded worth at $84-112. trying to figure out what to send in and not to better my investments.

I only paid $20 for it so do you think its worth submitting? if its a 9.6-9.8 comicspriceguide.com has the graded worth at $84-112. trying to figure out what to send in and not to better my investments.

Sure. (thumbs u Let us know what grade you got.

I'd say go for it, besides the friction on the spine, it's a 9.8 from what I can tell. If you really want to lock it down that 9.8, I'd suggest getting it pressed by our very own Joeypost, it's only $8 more. Shoot him a pm and ask his thoughts on the friction on the spine.

Jerome

I just sent a PM. thanks for the help guys. I thought going into it that it was around the 9.6 range but Im hoping for the 9.8. I'm just waiting to get one or 2 more books worthy of a submission then send it out. Ill let everyone know what it came back as.

GPA seems to be $55 for a 9.6 and $85 for a 9.8, if that helps any. i know some people get bent out of shape about people asking for GPA prices, but since you're a noobie, you might not even know about it. so consider this your free sample ;)http://comics.gpanalysis.com/

Thank you for that^. Ive heard people tak about GPA but I wasnt sure were to really find it or anything so yea I was completely unaware. when it comes to prices is it better to go by GPA or a price guide like overstreet? And its weird that it seems low for a 9.8 because on ebay I looked yesterday and 9.8s were all selling for right around $100 with some going higher. but once again thank you for your help you have been extreamly helpful to this noobie :P

Were they selling for $100+ or were they asking for $100+?

The GPA is good to get a current pulse. The current Overstreet is almost 1 year old. Lot's of things can change in that time IMHO

Edit: Oh yeah. I'd say 9.6 TOPS. The upper corners on the F&BC's just don't look 9.8 sharp, especially when compared to the bottom corners. Again IMHO :hi:

The friction discolor on the back spine makes me think a 9.4 maybe..

+1

Top corners are suspect too.

I personally, would not get it graded if you are hoping for the 9.8 to sell. If you could pull off the 9.6, then you would have $50-$60 minus fees minus book cost minus pressing cost so you are looking at a wash. If you get the 9.8 and sold for $85 then you turn a small profit.

If you want it for yourself and are happy with a 9.4 or above, then go for it!

The GPA is good to get a current pulse. The current Overstreet is almost 1 year old. Lot's of things can change in that time IMHO

Edit: Oh yeah. I'd say 9.6 TOPS. The upper corners on the F&BC's just don't look 9.8 sharp, especially when compared to the bottom corners. Again IMHO :hi:

they sold at buy it now $99. a few of them. I just went through the first page of completed listings. it was like 50% asking that sold and 50% didnt. it was hit and miss.

and to your post Zuulioso, I am happy with the 9.4 or above for myself right now... preferably a 9.6+ which is what i honestly think i could get for this if i sent it in. I honestly dont plan on selling anything unless I can make good money or need to. Its more of a long term investment hoping the value will do nothing but rise then in maybe 20 years sell. Ive had this book for awile already so Im in no hurry to sell :P

I'd say go for it, besides the friction on the spine, it's a 9.8 from what I can tell. If you really want to lock it down that 9.8, I'd suggest getting it pressed by our very own Joeypost, it's only $8 more. Shoot him a pm and ask his thoughts on the friction on the spine.

Jerome

The dirt or ink transfer on the back cover is not an issue.

Jerome

With that said. I think you could possibly get a 9.8,probably a 9.6. :applause:

they sold at buy it now $99. a few of them. I just went through the first page of completed listings. it was like 50% asking that sold and 50% didnt. it was hit and miss.

and to your post Zuulioso, I am happy with the 9.4 or above for myself right now... preferably a 9.6+ which is what i honestly think i could get for this if i sent it in. I honestly dont plan on selling anything unless I can make good money or need to. Its more of a long term investment hoping the value will do nothing but rise then in maybe 20 years sell. Ive had this book for awile already so Im in no hurry to sell :P

Based on joeypost's comment, my own personal desire to own a 9.8 (I have about 5 raw non 9.8s!), and your goal of just slabbing it, I change my suggestion to send it in!

Jerome

What a fascinating statement!

I've long held that the dirt or ink transfer or friction marks would get marks against a book.

I know that alot of your books have passed through your hands, and with the above statement, I would assume that it's based on quite a few issues with experience.

Having read what Joey wrote, I may very well bump it up to 9.6 for me as well..

I'm hoping a secondary thread can come from the above revelation.

Comicspriceguide.com does not base their values on any reality in this, the known universe. Stick to GPAnalysis.com and eBay completed auctions, especially for a common book like this one.