• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UK only selling-area

47 posts in this topic

Further ideas or criticism welcome!

Adam

Get to know the forum members in this thread and you've probably identified the majority of British boardies.

Then start a group PM just for sales with all of them.

Voila, secret society.

I thought you were against all the secret societies in the forum. They're the work of the devil, I tells ya. :makepoint:

I demand that the Belgium-only forum will be bi-lingual, with a little spot in the center where both languages have to be spoken, simultaneously, badly and at the top of your voice. :sumo:

Belgium-only would be a French sub-forum :cool:

Your wife is Flemish, your kids are half-Flemish. They are on my side :sumo:

Are you talking crazy-talk? How can you be Belgian and not French? Or did Belgium surrender proactively to some other country recently?

Mods notified (also the CGC Journals mods)

Further ideas or criticism welcome!

Adam

Get to know the forum members in this thread and you've probably identified the majority of British boardies.

Then start a group PM just for sales with all of them.

Voila, secret society.

I thought you were against all the secret societies in the forum. They're the work of the devil, I tells ya. :makepoint:

If you can't beat 'em....

lol

I realize it's not the most ideal way but I'm sure that networking to get to know a few UK board members will go a long way for the American comics collector.

It's no different on these shores...you get to know a few people (or dealers) and then continue to check back in from time to time.

Anyhow, just a thought.

(thumbs u

I demand that the Belgium-only forum will be bi-lingual, with a little spot in the center where both languages have to be spoken, simultaneously, badly and at the top of your voice. :sumo:

:headbang:

Stop oppressing my Belgian-born brothers. Or as I like to call them, the French.

Oh god, there's the other one...

Real simple idea that maybe Arch could implement...

Can we please have a 'UK' icon available for the thread header?

That will allow a quick scan of the sales threads to bring up the UK sellers without fuss or muss.

Not a bad idea actually, simple and easily implemented. :applause:

That will allow a quick scan of the sales threads to bring up the UK sellers without fuss or muss.

:acclaim:

Sounds good to me too - now just need to get the UK sellers to start selling cheap books!

:D

As a xenophobe, I heartily support this idea. Harassment will be much easier.

I've just realised I should have titled the thread "UK selling sub-forum" or something like that. Explains some of the early reactions! "UK only" is not what I meant at all...

Adam

Did someone say early Actions? Wait, that's early reactions. :tonofbricks:

Sounds good to me too - now just need to get the UK sellers to start selling cheap books!

:D

I sell cheap books...

www.comicanadirect.com

I just don't necessarily sell books cheaply. :/

Are you talking crazy-talk? How can you be Belgian and not French? Or did Belgium surrender proactively to some other country recently?

Mods notified (also the CGC Journals mods)

I always thought Belgium was France's Canada.