• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: Marvel's Greatest Superhero Battles HC

13 posts in this topic

Hello,

I will pay up to $300.00 for a high grade copy of this book, the last one I need to complete my collection of Fireside hardcovers. I have a VF+ copy of 'Bring on the Bad Guys' hardcover for trade as well.

Thanks!

this is a reminder to pick up these books when I see them... I actually passed on that book a few months ago because I have the updated softcover version already -- damn... could have made some easy money.

If you find them cheap, you'd be smart to pick them up.

Scarcity IMO goes like this (#1 = toughest, #13 = easiest):

Marvel:

1. Amazing Spider-Man

2. The Superhero Women

3. Marvel's Greatest Superhero Battles

4. Spidey Super Stories

5. Captain America

6. Fantastic Four

7. Incredible Hulk

8. Doctor Strange

9. Silver Surfer

10. Bring on the Bad Guys

11. Son of Origins of Marvel Comics

12. Origins of Marvel Comics

13. How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way

I've been told that there is a hardcover version of 'Mighty Marvel Strength and Fitness Book', but I have never seen one, and I don't believe one exists.

DC

1. Heart Throbs

2. America At War

You can pick up Origins pretty cheap, and I see them around often. All of the others are pretty tough, especially in VF (book grading scale) or better.

Thanks Deathlok. Mysteries in Space was (I believe) only issued in SC. I have never seen a HC, have you?

Also, 'How to Draw Comics..' was in a different format than the others (the Hulk book is also a little larger). Maybe that's why they don't list it?

Again OS lists Mysteries is Space as both SC and HC.

I don't think I have ever seen this in either SC or HC.

Do these normally sell for guide or higher, assuming in good condition?

There is a local con in a couple weeks, I will check there for them. I usually only see the common ones.

In NM, these books sell for well over guide. If you find Mysteries in Space HC, I'll pay a minimum of 2x guide. (I already have the SC).

Thanks very much.