• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5 for 5 for 5 for 5 for 5

13 posts in this topic

Okay so I've been on the outskirts of the hobby for awhile now... having fewer transactions than I've had in a long time. My collection was in a place I was relatively happy with, but recently I purchased 4 pieces which, when I was putting them away, I looked through the ole' collection again and I realize, I have too much. Time to do some recycling.

So over the next while, every two weeks or so, I will be selling off original art on ebay.

And just to have a little theme going, I'll be putting up 5 separate auctions over 5 weeks for 5 pages for 5 day auctions, at starting bids of 5 dollars... with no reserve. I'm notorious for selling off art for less than I paid, so why break tradition? Good opportunity to bid on some interesting stuff.

This round includes a couple pages from Kevin Smith's FIRST ISSUE of Green Arrow along with a page from the FIRST ISSUE of the 80's Starman by Tom Lyle as well as a nice TMNT Adventures page and an older TWICE UP Omega Men page. As a matter of fact, 3 of the 5 pages are "end" pages. Anyway, here's the link...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/dumur/m.html?item=200735269245&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649&_trksid=p4340.l2562

And keep checking back as I'll be keeping this up for at least 5 more auctions over the next 5 weeks.

Hey Gal,

Thanks for the complement. Not after anything with the funds I am raising. Just cutting out a lot of the fat of my collection. I did recently purchase 4 new pieces though. First time in awhile I've purchased art. I'm kind of like you now. Just on the outside and not looking for much, but the last four pieces piqued my interest. The only things I'm really "after" are the Batman Cult #1 cover (though I's take a great interior), A Watchmen Pirate page (only because they are slightly more affordable), and if I were rich a Dark Knight and Killing Joke page. And then other odds and ends that if they showed up I'd be interested. The four pieces I recently purchased are just small items. A couple Animal Man pages from Grant Morrison's run, a Darwyn Cooke Catwoman Title page (I love Darwyn's design for his lettering) and a page from the Original Justice League featuring the Death of Vibe (I hated that incarnation and so love that I have a page featuring the death of one of it's members... I'm evil)

Hope all is well

Josh,

That is an amazing "sketch". And the fact that you even have that as a sketch request is amazing to me. If I was ever going to part with that end page of the first issue (likely not ever going to happen as I would say it is one of my top 12 favorite pages) I know who I would go to first.

Awesome. And I have to say, that page with Connor and Ollie I have up with the boxing arrows may be the best page I have left since all the other best pages got swallowed up by other collectors.

Congrats indeed and if I may say at a great price. That was probably the best page I had left and one's that went ahead of it sold for $150-$200 each. I may put some more up on Tuesday...