• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Connect auction for April- Big books, no buzz?

166 posts in this topic

I hate to say it, I am NOT impressed with this auction. I think a lot better quality material will be coming out later this year. I knew the Billy Wright stuff was GOLD, now they are pressing it and selling it a profit a couple of months after the sale.

I think we need to be very careful what to buy and also WHEN, a LOT of great material yet to hit this year. Put this auction on Hold.

Not sure that MM's foresight above is consistent with latest statements.........

I hate to say it, I am NOT impressed with this auction. I think a lot better quality material will be coming out later this year. I knew the Billy Wright stuff was GOLD, now they are pressing it and selling it a profit a couple of months after the sale.

I think we need to be very careful what to buy and also WHEN, a LOT of great material yet to hit this year. Put this auction on Hold.

Not sure that MM's foresight above is consistent with latest statements.........

I thought I remembered a contrary opinion by him early on. I guess he enjoys his revisionist "predictions" better (shrug)

I still would put the auction on hold, I would not pay 20x times guide on a non superman/cap even after this auction, but the results are a stunner. A number of collectors have spoken and put there money where ther mouth is. A very important market development this auction is ,

Still I prefer the ha auction with the billy wright books especially action comics 2 and the tec's.

I still would put the auction on hold, I would not pay 20x times guide on a non superman/cap even after this auction, but the results are a stunner. A number of collectors have spoken and put there money where ther mouth is. A very important market development this auction is ,

Still I prefer the ha auction with the billy wright books especially action comics 2 and the tec's.

lol And I say that if you don't know who was bidding and why, taking the MH Thrillings as anything more than an aberration is a mistake.