• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5th Annual March Madness Grading Tournament Elite 8

62 posts in this topic

Pretty sure I'm in . . . unless Harry got 3 bulls or better hm Harry? hm hm

divad's Elite 8 picks:

9.2 - Avengers #92 OW-W

9.4 - Doctor Strange #177 OW-W

9.0 - Fantastic Four #97 OW-W

9.6 - Marvel Premiere #13 W

Nice books! :wishluck:

2 Bulls + bonus + plus 2 .5's = 75

Final Scores:

13. Burntboy 52

7. Divad 75

9. TheGeneral 78

14. Jeffreykli 93

1. Toro 77

10. Warlord 69

15. Zuckuss2003 95

12.Etanick 90

Well played round again which included a couple tough books. They're celebrating in the streets at Zuckuss State University as they pull of an improbable 95-90 victory to reach the final four as a #15 ranked team.

Conrgrats to the the final four- this will be a first trip for eveyone unless I'm mistaken. :applause:

Final Scores:

13. Burntboy 52

7. Divad 75

9. TheGeneral 78

14. Jeffreykli 93

1. Toro 77

10. Warlord 69

15. Zuckuss2003 95

12.Etanick 90

Well played round again which included a couple tough books. They're celebrating in the streets at Zuckuss State University as they pull of an improbable 95-90 victory to reach the final four as a #15 ranked team.

Conrgrats to the the final four- this will be a first trip for eveyone unless I'm mistaken. :applause:

Glad to see my nemesis Jeffreykli going on to the final 4...CONGRATS Jeffrey whoever you are! I had grades at 3 bulleyes and 8.0 on the FF...waffled on the FF at 8.5 and settled on the VF...as the pink floyd song says to myself wish you were here... doh!

CONGRATS to the final 4-ists! :headbang:

:gossip: btw...anyone win the MEGA tonite??!!

Here are my guesses:

Avengers #92 -- 9.4

Doc Strange #177 -- 9.0

FF #97 -- 8.5

Marvel Premiere #13 -- 9.6

3 bullseyes, and .2 off, for a total of 88. Bring it on!

Congratulations Jeffrey - very tough round!

I had the same grades, except for the FF which I gave a 9.0

Final Scores:

13. Burntboy 52

7. Divad 75

9. TheGeneral 78

14. Jeffreykli 93

1. Toro 77

10. Warlord 69

15. Zuckuss2003 95

12.Etanick 90

Glad to see my nemesis Jeffreykli going on to the final 4...CONGRATS Jeffrey whoever you are! I had grades at 3 bulleyes and 8.0 on the FF...waffled on the FF at 8.5 and settled on the VF...as the pink floyd song says to myself wish you were here... doh!

CONGRATS to the final 4-ists! :headbang:

:gossip: btw...anyone win the MEGA tonite??!!

Jeff Li's a homey - knows how to grade :sumo:

And, uh, would I be here if I did??? lol

We'll be thinking good thoughts for you Warlord.

I am at the office so I won't be able to post scores and scans for a while.

:news:CGC says: :news:

Avengers #92 OW-W CGC 9.2

Doctor Strange #177 OW-W CGC 9.0

Fantastic Four #97 OW-W CGC 8.5

Marvel Premiere #13 W CGC 9.6

of course... i spend a fraction of the time on these as when i was actually playing- just jot down my first impression. 3 bullseyes, had the FF as a 9.0 tho :mad:

I was in the final four last year also :) I try to fly under the radar like that.

I stand corrected then...final four repeat appearances are tough to do. (worship)

Indeed, big Congrats to the final four. I will root for the East, may the winner between Toro/Zuck takes it all (thumbs u

and many thanks to Nostalgic for taking the times to make this happen. It is a lot of works :applause:

Not bad for my gapping the competition....3/4 Vegas profits. Only the big upset of Zuckus kicking out the machine they call Etanek.....better luck next year.

My score prediction......75 :sumo: (Actually Scored a 71.....so no Cigar for me)

Burntboy 60 (sorry Harry)

Divad 65 (David ....one step closer to greatness)

TheGeneral 60 (General ...... were you on that tailhook ship?)

Jeffrykli 75

Toro 90 (accuracy machine with a mission)

Warlord 75 (past champ....)

Etaneck 90 (10/12...good luck Zuck)

Zuckus 75

Final Scores:

13. Burntboy 52

7. Divad 75

9. TheGeneral 78

14. Jeffreykli 93

1. Toro 77

10. Warlord 69

15. Zuckuss2003 95

12.Etanick 90

My next Round of predictions....

7. Divad 75 (Sorry David....you always out in the end :lol: ) prove me wrong.

VS

14. Jeffreykli 78 (Consistent scores....and dang impressive last round)

1. Toro 65 (When's the last time we had a number 1 seed in the finals, and as Toro has indicated, he tends to choke in this style of play......we will see...I'm really thinking he might win over Zuckus...but I'm giving the underdog the edge after kicking out teh Etanick machine)

VS

15. Zuckuss2003 78 (Low seed finals is what I'm looking for)

:sumo: Really...good luck to all....and great job running another fun tourney Nostalgic.......Next year I'm going to get past the first round.

I'm thinking Nostalgic is going to pull out some tough ones and keep you insane 90+ scorers on the bench a bit this round. If not, then in the finals.

Indeed, big Congrats to the final four. I will root for the East, may the winner between Toro/Zuck takes it all (thumbs u

and many thanks to Nostalgic for taking the times to make this happen. It is a lot of works :applause:

Noooooooooooooo!!!! :cry:

Say it ain't so, Nick!!!

Did the prize selection/determination ever get posted? (shrug)

The current prize list in in the General section. Nostalgic Attic will let us know the selection/determination at some point.

Boy, I would not have made the Final Four (or Elite 8 lol ). Need more bullseyes to win in these rounds.

Great job all!

I'm thinking Nostalgic is going to pull out some tough ones and keep you insane 90+ scorers on the bench a bit this round. If not, then in the finals.

Yeah, that's what I'm counting on :wishluck: Some lower grade SA books so I can pull rank on Jeff (the copper-modern expert) ;)

If he leans toward copper, I'm toast :insane:

Yeah, that's what I'm counting on :wishluck: Some lower grade SA books so I can pull rank on Jeff (the copper-modern expert) ;)

If he leans toward copper, I'm toast :insane:

+1 Although watch him throw something in like that and I'll get a technical foul. lol