• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Walking Dead 19

5 posts in this topic

Probably selling my TWD early set next fall. It seems this is a hot issue at the moment. Considering sending a few for gradding before hand. At what grade you think its worth sending for CGC?

Main issue I find with this one is a slight spine roll on the top back + the rust, tarnished staples.

What do you think?

Thanks

twd front

vfiijt.jpg

twd back

mwbodh.jpg

corner

33adrix.jpg

corner

1g1xjs.jpg

corner

16jmp81.jpg

corner

o1jxd.jpg

Staple

im6vih.jpg

Staple

21nmzgk.jpg

I´m afraid so.

Many have this issue, most not as much as staple 1 but many as in staple 2.

Strange thing is that from the outside they dont look to have hardly any rust/tarnish at all.

These were my cousin´s and although he was pretty anal about his comics and always handle them with care and Bagged and boarded them, his house was kind of humid so I think that came from that.

I'll throw out a guess of 7.5/8.0 range for the rust issue, as it looks like there is a bit of transfer to the pages. As pretty as the FC looks, I'd be disappointed to buy an 8.5 or better and then find that flaw inside.

I was hoping, if graded it would get a bit more than that, but this seems to be a bit of a grey area in what regards CGC grading.

I found this thread on the boards about this issue:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3782078

It would be a great piece of information to have CGC point out clear grading guidelines on this matter, but from what I could (not) find, these are not in the public domain.

I As pretty as the FC looks, I'd be disappointed to buy an 8.5 or better and then find that flaw inside.

When I sell these, all flaws will be mentioned and photo documented, and I won’t even try to assign a grade to them. Most likely I will use the "I´m not a professional grader so take the photos to decide for yourself" Ebay cliché. lol

You can always tell a newbie seller whenever you read this phrase and also from the large amount of photos on an auction.