• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead - Second Governor page sell for $2,300?

134 posts in this topic

I would think that is was a good buy. Michone is really hot right now because she was shown in the finale....once they show the governor his key art and issues will boom aswell.

The seller originally listed this page at $10K. Then dropped to $5K. Then $2.5K. Now "sold" for $2.3K. Maybe considered a "good buy" now, when compared to the original asking price.

To me...not especially a good buy. Not a lot going on in this page. $2K still goes pretty far for Adlard WD pages. As far as I know, this has to be at or near top dollar for an Adlard page...that dollar level should be reserved for better pages, imo.

As an owner of some Adlard WD art I see your point. He is far from being one of my favorite artists and his pages only get the prices they get because of the book.....that being said....when you look at the blown up prices all things Walking Dead are getting and how much crazier they will be in the fall I think he has a good shot at flipping it for more when the show comes back on. Unless it was a cover I wouldnt pay that much for that page. I paid way less then half of that for the double page spread of Carl getting shot.....and they are still talking about that page in the letters section of the book.

I think "1st appearances" of fan favorite characters sometimes is that "added consideration" that transcends action and artist, so adds an extra premium, so I can buy into the valuation as well as speculation as an investment.

I prefer 1st appearances (by issue, so not necessarily the 1st page/panel, although ideal of course, getting a page from the book is still pretty nice) from a historical and nostalgic standpoint.

Turning points such as deaths or storylines are great too, but it's hard to beat a 1st app.

I agree! Great page but $2300 seems like a lot of money for an Adlard panel. I'd prefer a Tony Moore page if I were spending that much money. Either way it's an awesome page. Would be even better if it had word balloons to tell the story. Then again thats just my personal preference.