• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead - Second Governor page sell for $2,300?

134 posts in this topic

I'd probably just leave the coffee stains there unless it looks like it may bleed through at any time, but I'd doubt it and doubt it's acidic or would morph with age into something worst. I'd fear trying to remove the stains may damage the paper, so subscribe to "the damage is done, don't try to restore it"

Is anyone concerned by the fact that the seller has "0" feedback?

I know eBay and Pay Pal has buyers protection plans for purchases.

I also heard there's ways to scam and circumvent those such as a seller sending an empty parcel with delivery confirmation and tracking.

Word of advice, if anyone buys this and gets the parcel, you should have a flip cam or cell phone camera (video) documenting the receipt of the parcel (if coming with delivery confirmation or picked up at the post office, Fed Ex or UPS), then document opening the parcel on video, it makes for a better case and proof should anything occur. Better safe than sorry.

So this should prove interesting...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251033291126&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Anybody know how to remove coffee stains?

So this should prove interesting...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251033291126&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Anybody know how to remove coffee stains?

I just cannot see this stuff standing the test of time and holding its value. It is the quintessential "hot" thing

that will not remain hot much longer. Longer being a few years or whenever the TV series is canceled

and people are bored of zombies for another few decades.

Wow, that's totally unbelievable.

I also noticed that a TON of pieces of WD art are gone from splashpageart. It seems that people are really getting into this stuff now.

So true. About all of the covers are gone, and it seems every time I look up at pages another stash of 10-15 interiors are gone. Mark is awesome to deal with, ships super quick.

It's so funny to see people post on ebay and end up pulling items for offers, not realizing sometimes they may in fact have short changed themselves by a bidding war frenzy that could have commanded multiples to what they accepted.

After all, it's usually a savy buyer who make an offer, knowing the piece probably will sell for more if left to auction's end; than the actual price they're offering the seller to close the auction prematurely and settle for.

I know most buyers throw in the "save on ebay fees" blah blah blah to the sellers to try to convince them... but I generally believe if you have a hot item, especially one of a kind like artwork, and there's a demand for the piece, let the marketplace run its course and you're more times than any going to see greater gains and be pleasantly surprised.

The only time I think a buyer can rationalize to a seller ending an auction early is if it's due to time constraints (such as needing it for a gift and not being able to wait 3, 5 or 7 days for the auction to end), otherwise if a buyer is making an offer to a seller, it's generally lower than the market value, and rarely a "throwing gaudy money at it" generous offer in the best interests of the seller.

In the case of the piece with a $400 bid, reserve not met and a "buy it now" for $2,000, I wouldn't have been surprised if that reached the $3,000-4,000 range if left to the open marketplace for auction. I'm pretty sure it didn't sell for the $2,000 (otherwise the "buy it now" would have been triggered by the buyer), so somehow think the seller settled for $1,500 or so as my speculation and potentially left money on the table.

In the case of the piece with a $400 bid, reserve not met and a "buy it now" for $2,000, I wouldn't have been surprised if that reached the $3,000-4,000 range if left to the open marketplace for auction. I'm pretty sure it didn't sell for the $2,000 (otherwise the "buy it now" would have been triggered by the buyer), so somehow think the seller settled for $1,500 or so as my speculation and potentially left money on the table.

Why would it end at $4K if no one wanted to BIN it at $2K? Sure, someone may have popped the BIN if the seller let it run its course, but if it was a steal at $2K, someone savvy would have popped it within a day or so.

I've seen (and sold) items with a BUY IT NOW option that ended up exceeding that amount once it got in front of the right set of eyes and once the option is gone, it enters the more emotional bidding wars where people get caught up in the "Gotta have it" frenzy and end up paying. Heck, I even have bid on items I once had a chance to "Buy it Now" but went on the initial "cheap" thinking I could sneak in and grab a bargain, only to get caught up in the wildstorm of multiple bidders vying for the piece that then had to step up or step aside, and ultimately paid more for, regretting passing on the initial "buy it now" option...

Wow, that's totally unbelievable.

I also noticed that a TON of pieces of WD art are gone from splashpageart. It seems that people are really getting into this stuff now.

:fear:

I just snagged a bunch of pages with Michonne on them and a few nice action scenes. I am thinking about going back and grabbing 7 or 8 more pages instead of just setting the money aside to buy a cover. I figure if a cover becomes available I will just raise the funds some other way.

I just got a sweet Michonne page aswell......Must be nice to have the $$$$$$ for 7-8 pages....lol

I sold my CGC Sig Series issues of #1-3 along with my #19 9.8 Universal in the past 3 weeks or so and I am spending some of that money towards original art. Hoping to buy the comics back eventually once they cool down, if they cool down. If not I will have some sweet OA in their places.

The Walking Dead comic books (even #1) are one of many, even a high grade CGC, so the population although is limited by the laws of supply and demand, still vast compared to the original art for The Walking Dead, which are all one-of-a-kind, and if each issue has 23 pages or so (plus cover), then you're looking at, with 100 issues of the series, currently a maximum of 2,500 individual pieces of artwork that was ever made (and most of which is not available) compared to the tens of thousands if not greater printed for each and every issue of The Walking Dead which equates to millions of the comic book.

So, even the most mediocre of pages, on the scarcity charts, seems like a stronger investment than the comic books in the best of conditions with signatures and all.

I think The Walking Dead has sustainable popularity at minimum as a cult classic (in the spirit of V for Vendetta, The Watchmen, Preacher, Sandman, etc.) and at maximum, who knows what it can evolve into. It seems the nature of the story can easily eliminate main characters and create new ones on an ongoing basis so long as the storires are intriguing and characters are engaging.