• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City Con Report

210 posts in this topic

I hear ya :) I am in the same boat though I may have a couple options now with vancouver fan expo ... Not sure if that is a good thing or not yet though lol! Will want to go to two cons & spend just as much cash at each! ack!

I've been waiting to post this.

I wanted to wait until it was verified at cgc to say anything. This is my last book from ECCC 2012 to post, and the one that I love the most.

Images first, story second! Some guy named Marc Silvestri sketching a Hulk for me.

IMG_0975.JPG

This was my gem of the show. I got this incredible sketch from Marc at ECCC 2012. I went to the show to get this book, beg plead - whatever it would take.

Sadly I got shot down. Marc does not sketch because of the size of his line and how unfair he feels it would be to his fans to make some wait while he does sketches for some and then not be able to do it for others. His line at ECCC was hours long, always. There is just no way this guy can sketch anything. I got shot down, my wife got shot down, everyone in line got shot down.

However, where there is a really strong will there is a way. By luck, odd quirky circumstances, whatever you want to blame it on I was able to obtain this book. It was really a right place, right time kind of thing. The people at the top cow booth would just walk out every 15 minutes and yell out to the crowd " No sketches " So I was kinda bummed on day one. This was the book I went to ECC to get, and everyone told me it would be impossible.

When Marc came by Ebas's booth we we're able to chat for a bit about comics / life. That was fun. This is freaking Silvestri here, and it was a little hard for me not to :hail: him. Kudos to Marc for being a great guy and talking to fans on a even level. Top cow people told me getting a sketch from him is impossible, but here it is!

My freakish excitement while running to the cgc booth to get a rep after the show closed was funny, kid in a candy store kinda moment.

:whee:

Link to CAF

That is the Only SS Silvestri sketch that I know of.

there maybe one or more from Image Expo. But its a secret. SHHHH.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I wanted to show this bad boy off right away, but wanted to wait a bit until I could say it 100% definitive...... You never know ;)

I would love to have some inside connection, but this was a freak of nature and from what I understand will not happen again. I know it's not a painted Finch or anything, but it's value to me is quite high and holds a special place in my collection. Or it will when I get it back..... ;)

It is early to talk about this, but someone :cool: mentioned to me that they had been in contact with Marc's people about getting sketches. The reply was there is a coming plan to make sketches available on the website.

Well I was urged to contact them and see what I could do, as Troy says the line was insane at ECC, they promised people with tickets that you would get signatures if you had a ticket that was not true lol . I got in JUST as they capped the line and turned away people with tickets.

Anyhow I sent an initial email that was met with the standard form reply. I replied that I think they misunderstood my inquiry. The reply was pretty funny. They admitted they did mistake the inquiry and that when Marc is not on a deadline that we can talk about offering a CGC SS sketch opp.

When will it happen? Who knows maybe never, but if he gets time I feel confident he would like to do it. Winter maybe :wishluck:

Congrats, Troy! It's great to hear that you were able to get a sketch from an artist you admire so much. Appreciating someone's art and then having them turn out to be a good person upon meeting them can leave you feeling :cloud9: sometimes. I too, am a big fan of Silvestri, although admittedly it's because of his work on X-Men during my childhood.

While there aren't a ton out there, I know there's at least one Fallen Son Cap sketch that has changed hands here on the boards a few times. Add that to any that got done at the Image Expo and now ECCC and I'd estimate there's at least 10 CGC SS Silvestri sketches out there, not counting any private opportunities that will no doubt surface soon.

I have Fingerprint.ink to thank for mine. Thanks, Jesse!