• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5th Annual March Madness Grading Tournament Final Four and Finals

135 posts in this topic

Big Congrats to Toro and Jeffrykli... :acclaim:

4 Friggin Bullseyes - with these mad grading Skills it's hard to believe that Toro would be a first time winner in this format IF he wins the Finals....

Good Luck to both of You... :wishluck:

Fantastic Four #36 OW-W 7.0

- I had this one at 5.5-6.5 depending on which monitor I was viewing, but a 7.0? Not whining but, No-Way-Jothe! :sumo: Total Gift Grade. How many of you would be pleased buying this as a 7.0? hm

Fantastic Four #66 OW-W 8.0

- Gave it an 8.5, despite the note re the tiny spine split (which was actually code for "this is an 8.0, but I thought it was much higher") :grin:

Fantastic Four #95 OW-W 8.5

- I had this one at 8.5-9.0 and went to the higher grade to hedge against the 9.2 - WRONG!

Fantastic Four #114 OW-W 9.4

- I'm guessing all 4 finalists aced this one - only top edge wear kept it from 9.6 imho

Great fun! Congrats to the finalists! (thumbs u

Wow, I felt good about the grades but not that good!!! Some I felt were safe grades like the FF 36 looked that at worse it was a 6.5,but couldn't be even on a most generous grading day more then a 7.5. So I picked a 7.0 on that. So I figured I'd have at least 15 there. Same went for the 66, I tried not to focus to much on the printers crease as being a huge factor and figured the range would be 7.5 to 8.5. I almost bumped the 95 to a 9.0. The 114 just seemed like a 9.4.

Hopefully I can stay strong for last round. But win or lose I've already exceded my expectations. I was hoping to finally get to the elite 8 this year, that was my only goal. Last two rounds I got by with good scores, not great. Sometimes it's just the luck of the draw, sometimes it's the luck of the guess.

Hey if I'm an upstart does that mean I can be the Cinderella of the tournament?

Good luck in the finals Jeffreykli! What I need to know is whether I'm the home or away team. I need to know what uniform to wear.