• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Petition to End Recent Ad Banners

156 posts in this topic

I am not sure that I can get behind this. This is a place with typically well-written posts. This post is wishy-washy and mealy-mouthed. I shouldn't let poor execution distract me, but alas, its badness has lowered the quality of my experience. I am making the decision to push the eject button now.

Take your displeasure to the complaint department mister. But wait a couple years and then start beetching.

Dear Collector Society,

We respectfully request that you end the posting of ad banners from our message boards.

This is a place where members communicate with each other.

The ads are a distraction and have to be scrolled past. They are not even beautiful.

We believe that you will not let the lure of advertising dollars distract you. You have a relationship with your members. Remember us.

Do not let the lure of money entice you to lower the quality of our experience.

We believe you will make a good decision. Thank you.

Your screen name sucks nuts, whoever you are.

Apparently not. You don't like looking at ads? I have a classic joke for you:

Patient: "Doctor, it hurts when I do this."

Doctor: "Then don't do that."

That's a Bingo!

(Is that how you say that, "That's a Bingo?)

I am not sure that I can get behind this. This is a place with typically well-written posts. This post is wishy-washy and mealy-mouthed. I shouldn't let poor execution distract me, but alas, its badness has lowered the quality of my experience. I am making the decision to push the eject button now.

You just can't see the forest for the dharma.

Oh, oh....allow me.

TREE

Somebody call...dammit Roy!

shutup.jpg

If the Ads are necessary...

I'd rather have the Ads than CGC charge sellers a percentage to sell here.

Agreed. I don't care about the ads. They needed/wanted to raise revenue. Who here wouldn't do it if the opportunity was there to make more money? Cmon!

We can still talk here and communicate just fine.

Premature thread ejection, nothing to be ashamed of, it happens to a lot of posters.

Dear Collector Society,

We respectfully request that you end the posting of ad banners from our message boards.

The ads are a distraction and have to be scrolled past. They are not even beautiful.

We believe that you will not let the lure of advertising dollars distract you. You have a relationship with your members. Remember us.

Aunt Agatha sucks nuts?

That's a Bingo!

We just say "Bingo."

I think we should have a petition on who's ads are allowed to be seen on these boards.

That being said, Pedigree should not be allowed because the dude is a tool. However, Metroplis should have a different ad on every page, especially if there is a picture of Frank and his hair.

(worship) Metropolis!

That's a Bingo!

We just say "Bingo."

BINGO!

In the US, there is free, over-the-air tv.They get paid by running advertisements.

We also have tv that doesn't have ads, like HBO. Guess how they get paid? Guess where I'm going with this?

And again, if it really offends you, use an ad-blocker! Very few ads get past mine, maybe one or two a day tops. I have never sen an ad here beyond the tiny, easy-to-ignore column on the far right with text ads for coin stuff.

That's a Bingo!

We just say "Bingo."

BINGO!

Now you got it.

Dear Collector Society,

Aunt Agatha sucks nuts?

She's not popular because of her peach cobbler recipe.

Dear Collector Society,

Aunt Agatha sucks nuts?

She sucks the chocolate off chocolate-covered almonds, and puts the traumatized almonds back in the bowl. It's disgusting.

We have the power to end these ads.

Looking at ads in order to be able to communicate with one another is boring.

I want to communicate with you and not be distracted by sellers and their wares.

No you don't. It's one thing to end the right side column. it's another to expect them to not have any banner ads. Personally, they shouldn't just like Apple and Microsoft don't have ads on their community forums. But I'm ok with it. Mainly cause I just adblock it.

Dear Collector Society,

Aunt Agatha sucks nuts?

124292.jpg