• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Larson MM 4

7 posts in this topic

I've seen it. A few boardies have owned it, sacentaur for the longest. It is really a beautiful copy. But it has a water stain running the length of the spine. The staples are rusty. But from the spine over it is killer, with blindingly white pages. You just have to ask yourself if the stain bothers you that much. It is a very difficult issue to find with nice eye appeal and unrestored. If you can get past the stain and rust you will have a book that otherwise has incredible colors and paper. And it will be relatively affordable. I passed on it at one time and ultimately had to fork over 10X the price for one that looked similar without the stains.

I've seen it, I've owned it and I loved it...I pined over it for years, and tried my best to pry it from sacentaurs' hands...

when I was putting together my Pedigree 1-10 MMC run, I had to have it and I paid steve a really strong price to get...

later, I broke the run after I finished it (like I do almost all my runs, just have to recycle the money to keep on collecting), so I let it go...

as richard said, it is a 9.4 looking copy from the spine over, and the spine is not without it's issues due to the staining and the stapes are rusted...

but I bought the book raw from steve and suprisingly, the interior is just as sweet (white pages I believe), so luckily the rust is just on the outside and the interior is as fresh as any...

vern, you will be proud to own it if you win it (I was proud to own it!) (thumbs u

I have seen it in hand a few years back when I paid Steve a visit. Very nice eye appeal and white pages make me look past the spine stain. Could the rust spread to damage the paper over time? It's stood the test for 72 years so far