• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Total Recall Trailer

15 posts in this topic

I can't stop thinking about the original when I see the trailer, but I think this movie will be amazing. I am not going to pull the ol'..."back innnnnn my days..."...hell no!! This movie looks epic!

and I should be partial to the original, as some of the scenes were shot in my Alma Mater, yet I still think this one will knock my socks off....Go get'em Hauser!

This looks like an interesting new version of a cool little story. I'd go see it!

Time to crack out the Phillip Deeeck books, and catch up on stories I haven't read in a long while. Selected Stories of Philip K. Deeeck is a great collection of his better material, including "The Minority Report" and "We Can Remember It for You Wholesale." I think there is like 18-20 different stories in this one.

CORRECTION: 21 stories.

Selected Stories of Philip K. Deeeck

This looks like an interesting new version of a cool little story. I'd go see it!

Time to crack out the Phillip Deeeck books, and catch up on stories I haven't read in a long while. Selected Stories of Philip K. Deeeck is a great collection of his better material, including "The Minority Report" and "We Can Remember It for You Wholesale." I think there is like 18-20 different stories in this one.

PKD was the man.

Guest Grails

PKD was the man.

Absolutely. Here are some of his short stories adapted into film. Some of them can be found in the Selected Stories link Nick provided.

Impostor - Imposter

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? - Blade Runner

We Can Remember It for You Wholesale - Total Recall

A Scanner Darkly

The Minority Report - Minority Report

Paycheck

The Golden Man - Next

Second Variety - Screamers

Adjustment Team - The Adjustment Bureau

I haven't read this one but will have to pick it up:

124314.jpg.be5ced03597c94aab0842c41099ec6a1.jpg

PKD was the man.

Absolutely. Here are some of his short stories adapted into film. Some of them can be found in the Selected Stories link Nick provided.

Impostor - Imposter

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? - Blade Runner

We Can Remember It for You Wholesale - Total Recall

A Scanner Darkly

The Minority Report - Minority Report

Paycheck

The Golden Man - Next

Second Variety - Screamers

Adjustment Team - The Adjustment Bureau

I haven't read this one but will have to pick it up:

The Man in the High Castle seems to receive a lot of praise, which I didn't appreciate back when I read it the first time. It definitely is worth picking up. Someone did a super job on Wikipedia capturing the story and the history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_in_the_High_Castle

I loved the original when it came out but it does look very dated now. This new remake looks cool, hopefully I'll get time to check it out.