• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Avengers #1 (PGX Slabbed)

18 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about this PGX slabbed Avengers #1. Of course I would send it off to get re-graded but was wondering if by these pics you could tell me if it would grade at a 4.0 or higher by CGC? Or in fact what the grade would be.

561679944_o.jpg

561679927_o.jpg

561679909_o.jpg

PGX overgrades the lower grade stuff and seem to be very harsh on high grade items from my experience. That looks more like 3.5 to me.

Tough to look at through a fuzzy slab but I agree that it looks closer to a 3.5. Too much wear and scuffing of color along that top edge. I would be curious to see the centerfold and staple attachment also, along with the inside cover.

PGX overgrades the lower grade stuff and seem to be very harsh on high grade items from my experience. That looks more like 3.5 to me.

Tough to look at through a fuzzy slab but I agree that it looks closer to a 3.5. Too much wear and scuffing of color along that top edge. I would be curious to see the centerfold and staple attachment also, along with the inside cover.

+1

I agree with everyone else - it could get a 4.0 on a good day - but I wouldn't count on anything higher than 3.5

Tough to grade a fuzzy scan of a slab - could well end up being just a 3.0 if the graders are being tough. Just based on scans I've seen - I would be very leery of buying a PGX lower graded book, unless it was priced three grades under - as they do seem to be generous with the grades in the VG and under range.

Just based on scans I've seen - I would be very leery of buying a PGX lower graded book, unless it was priced three grades under - as they do seem to be generous with the grades in the VG and under range.

This would be the issue.