• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Gripper nicks on pages"?

7 posts in this topic

There's a raw Turtles comic I'm looking at online. It didn't have very good pictures, so I asked the seller for details about the flaws. Here's his reply:

Hi Sean, thanks for the interest. I purchased this item back in 87 from a comic shop in Massachusetts in the hometown of mirage studios. I never even read it as its been in storage since. As to condition, I'm not much of an expert. I opened it up to check and everything looks nice except for some nicks on some of the inner pages. Not sure what to call them but it kind of looks like gripper nicks from the printing process. I hear it was common on these considering how small mirage was at the time. If need be I could send you pictures. Lmk

So I asked him for some picture, and he text'd me several. He seems like a standup guy so far, and he's sent close ups of a few different flaws. I'm just wondering if based on the pictures you think those punctures are from the machine grabbing the pages, or if they're something that will affect the grade.

pagehole.jpg