• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BAF countdown to 22 years of Marvel Comics!!!
1 1

731 posts in this topic

Nice!! You're down to only missing 82 to complete the Millie run, right?

Yeah down to a bakers dozen and also the Millie #82. The seller I got the #83 from also had a #82 ending at the same time....put a real strong bid on it.....AND LOST IT. Sold for 128 I think. There is another on eBay but it's missing a chunk of the cover.....I hate that defect. But I might throw a bid on it, cause I really see any for sale. :sick:

Yeah down to a bakers dozen and also the Millie #82. The seller I got the #83 from also had a #82 ending at the same time....put a real strong bid on it.....AND LOST IT. Sold for 128 I think. There is another on eBay but it's missing a chunk of the cover.....I hate that defect. But I might throw a bid on it, cause I really see any for sale. :sick:

I know what you mean. Missing chunks bug me too, but in this case maybe it's worth filling the hole in the run and then upgrading later if/when a better copy comes along at the right price.

Either way, I'm anxiously awaiting the Millie the Model group shot ;)

I know what you mean. Missing chunks bug me too, but in this case maybe it's worth filling the hole in the run and then upgrading later if/when a better copy comes along at the right price.

Either way, I'm anxiously awaiting the Millie the Model group shot ;)

Yeah, but it is not priced real cheap either. Starting at 45 plus shipping for a poor copy is silly. But still thinking about bidding on it.

I love group shots. Took this one awhile ago. Posted it a few times, but you may not have seen it. Pretty cool golden age group, with a lot of Millie's sprinkled in it.

62ac575cafca1caed9c543f556f8e59a_zps39627292.jpg

POS copy #2.

This finishes my Millie run from cover dated 10/57 (#81) to the last issue cover dated 12/73 (#207). This is by far one of the harder comics to collect. Some issues don't turn up that much. And is why I bought this shark bite copy. :sick:

Millie the Model #82 published January 1958.

F9A7ED97-6388-448D-A25B-C9525ADFB5E8_zpsplmaspav.jpg

Down to 11 more comics for 10/57 to 12/79 completed from Marvel.

October 1957 (Atlas implosion) up....

Battle #55

Gunsmoke Western #47

Homer the Happy Ghost # 20

Navy Combat #15 17 19

My Own Romances #64

Strange Tales #60 62

World of Fantasy #9 10

Kicking myself for missing two copies of Gunsmoke Westerns #47 that a board member posted for sale on eBay. Both were nice copies....sold pretty cheap...that I just forgot to bid on cause I took a break from comics for a while and was not interested. Never see that issue for sale for some reason. ???:tonofbricks:

Amazing. Just amazing.

Isn't it, tho? I'd love to see them displayed in groups by week of distribution, laid out on an old-school, wooden, comic rack! :cloud9:

Thanks boys!

Not on a cool rack, but these were the only three comics published from Atlas cover dated 10/57. The dreaded implosion month!

5de960202a74bb12b6f65b7f55703e67_zpsa0cfadcd.jpg

Amazing. Just amazing.

Isn't it, tho? I'd love to see them displayed in groups by week of distribution, laid out on an old-school, wooden, comic rack! :cloud9:

Thanks boys!

Not on a cool rack, but these were the only three comics published from Atlas cover dated 10/57. The dreaded implosion month!

5de960202a74bb12b6f65b7f55703e67_zpsa0cfadcd.jpg

Those are all books I've never run across.

(thumbs u

Amazing. Just amazing.

Of all the books posted on the boards, I enjoy looking at BAF's group shots of the obscure, oddball ones more than anything else. :headbang:

Amazing. Just amazing.

Of all the books posted on the boards, I enjoy looking at BAF's group shots of the obscure, oddball ones more than anything else. :headbang:

Thanks bro! :luhv: