• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BAF countdown to 22 years of Marvel Comics!!!
1 1

731 posts in this topic

My OCD would not allow my books to be left that way but you need to find a way to this so you are comfortable and it is not consuming your life, something I am very familiar with.

If it were me I would start by placing all books on the floor in piles by title in alphabetical order and once all boxes are emptied and all books are layed out start with the A's and work your way down.

Once they are layed you will be making progress and you will see that you are making progress and realize that you are becoming organized with a plan so you can do a little at a time and it will not seem as tedious.

Before you know it the piles will get smaller and it will be done.

I am in the process of re-photographing/grading/cataloging my books and that is also a very slow tedious process.

Once I came up with a plan and a way to keep it organized on paper(actually on my computer) and in my head while I slowly accomplish this I was able to relax without anxiety over "it has to be done now".

What you are saying works great for 500 comics. This is much worse then that.....but can be figured out. Your from NJ. What time should I expect you? lol

After I retire (6 years or so) and my Grandkids are all grown up and do not need me to be there with them every weekend.(youngest is 2,)

Here is my new thing. I go in the room where the comics are.....I stare at the boxes for like 5 minutes. Feel overwhelmed and walk out never having touched a comic. :cloud9:

Personal question, You do not have to answer, I will understand.

Do you have anxiety issues besides the overwhelming comic books?

Here is my new thing. I go in the room where the comics are.....I stare at the boxes for like 5 minutes. Feel overwhelmed and walk out never having touched a comic. :cloud9:

Personal question, You do not have to answer, I will understand.

Do you have anxiety issues besides the overwhelming comic books?

No not at all. Been wanting to organize my books for years. Kept telling myself I needed more room. Weill I had the more room for about 8 months. :tonofbricks:

It's a big job sorting out so many comics.

Last year I had to move 7000 comics from attic to garage and into cabinets rather than boxes. My OCD allowed me to enjoy it but it took a long time. Then I decided I wanted long boxes instead of short, and that isn't finished yet.

Guess it's something that will be ongoing for me. I walked in last night and walked out again. Still lots need bagging and boarding which will mean moving things around again.

If I was there I would Di it for you, would be a nice pet project. God luck.

It's a big job sorting out so many comics.

Last year I had to move 7000 comics from attic to garage and into cabinets rather than boxes. My OCD allowed me to enjoy it but it took a long time. Then I decided I wanted long boxes instead of short, and that isn't finished yet.

Guess it's something that will be ongoing for me. I walked in last night and walked out again. Still lots need bagging and boarding which will mean moving things around again.

If I was there I would Di it for you, would be a nice pet project. God luck.

I have a lot of the longer runs sorted into full long boxes already. It's trying to get all the TOS, TTA, Millie, Two Gun Kid I can go on and on......into one box each. Going into boxes looking....and forgetting if you checked the boxes you already looked into. I don't think a lot of people understand just how this is....that's why I was asking for help. Hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha. Keep hoping some super cool NJ Marvel zombie would wanna do this with me just cause it's a pretty epic Marvel only collection. :wishluck:

The hardest thing for me is time. Even though I'm home alone a lot after a days work I'm not always in the mood for it.

When I do spend time in there I realise how much I love my comics and how lucky I am to have them. :cloud9:

Yup. Having the wherewithal is a big part of organizing books. I enjoy doing it, but I need to be in the mood not just have some free time.

Yep. And my stars have not aligned since I whined about it on here. And NO ONE is stepping forward to lend a hand. If I was younger and some random guy said.....hey you wanna see every Marvel made in a 21 year span and organize it......I would be running people over in my car getting to this guys house. lol

Yup. Having the wherewithal is a big part of organizing books. I enjoy doing it, but I need to be in the mood not just have some free time.

Yep. And my stars have not aligned since I whined about it on here. And NO ONE is stepping forward to lend a hand. If I was younger and some random guy said.....hey you wanna see every Marvel made in a 21 year span and organize it......I would be running people over in my car getting to this guys house. lol

You totally need JerseyComicBoy. (Now MagnetoWasRight) But of course he's not in Jersey anymore. :sorry:

Jamie loves stuff like this.

Have not entered my comicbook rooms in weeks. Epic fail on the organization ideas. :tonofbricks:

My ADD is kicking in again. Thinking about getting some new tattoo work after taking a ten year break from that hobby. This could be a super bad idea!!!

What do you guys think of this image? Changed a bit of course (Who wants the same thing someone else has???) Thoughts? I don't know how to make a poll.....

Could be The hell will tats keep collection cool funny books!

Get the tats! One can never have to much ink.

Do both slowly but surely!

Picture found off the internet....but I like it a lot.

6635e8307fc3733abc92d48043d9ede7_zpsuncuxbio.jpg[/img]

Maybe get comic related tats Frankie, that thigh shot could be the Green Goblin etc

I am not the tattoo type, I have 1 from way back in the day :facepalm:

Never felt the need to repeat it.

I wish I lived closer to you so I could get sorting those books, sorting someone else's collection is so much more interesting than doing your own, seeing the great stuff they have, I bet we would end up chatting about issues rather than sorting though lol

I need to do a lot of work in my rooms too and also feel overwhelmed when I go in there and just stand and think how much work it is, then quietly shut the door and think, I will do it sometime soon :tonofbricks:

Maybe get comic related tats Frankie, that thigh shot could be the Green Goblin etc

I am not the tattoo type, I have 1 from way back in the day :facepalm:

Never felt the need to repeat it.

I wish I lived closer to you so I could get sorting those books, sorting someone else's collection is so much more interesting than doing your own, seeing the great stuff they have, I bet we would end up chatting about issues rather than sorting though lol

I need to do a lot of work in my rooms too and also feel overwhelmed when I go in there and just stand and think how much work it is, then quietly shut the door and think, I will do it sometime soon :tonofbricks:

I 100000% do the same thing bro! Yeah if you were to help me do this we would just bulls%#t the whole time. It's really not that bad either. Most of the longer runs are in order. But I get a headache just thinking about going into those rooms. :tonofbricks:

I never liked comicbook tats. (not that there is anything wrong with comic tats). Just not my thing.

Have you looked up the meaning for a hani mask tattoo?

Seems to be a lot of interpretations for them. I have tons of room left Dave. That's what makes me getting one after over ten years of no ink very scary due to my OCD.

Then I say F it and do what makes you feel good. :headbang: