• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay sigh check this out I am the "OREGON COLLECTION"

667 posts in this topic

Chew is kicking my right now in completing a run. So far I am having a hell of a time getting my hands on a #6,11,12 and obviously #1st print. Its weird I can walk into a store find hundreds of dollars of walking dead laying in dollar boxes but they never have Chew.

I kind of just want to actually read it. Might be the one modern title I decide to collect besides Morning Glories.

Yeah i have been grabing as much chew as i can when i can while I can before starts to get out of control. I could always throw the trades your way if you like just ship them back to me. I have rarely found chew in back issue boxes. Thats why i buy a stack of currents every month of chew and then maybe grab 2 to 3 back issues too monthly.

I appreciate that I actually have the whole run except for 6,11,12 though my 1 is 2nd print. Just waiting to get those issues I really dont want to pay the 10$ for a 6 that eBay is asking. A here in town mentioned that he had a complete run minus 1 that he would sell the LCS. So I am hoping I can swoop in a grab them up.

Yeah that would be a good grab I would do it. Yeah hate paying ebay prices but i have found a few here and their on the boards over the last few weeks for decent price so been going good so far. Goodluck with the chew.

I just thought I'd quote it here so people know what you guys are discussing...

"OREGON COLLECTION" -CHEW #1 NM/MT 9.8 UNREAD GEM 2nd P- KIRKMAN - HOT TV SHOW

We purchased 3000 comics from a long time collector from Oregon who recently passed away. These books are absolutely beautiful mostly with WHITE PAGES and guaranteed unrestored and complete. His wife informed us that he carefully picked the best copies which he purchased on a weekly basis and immediately bagged and boarded them. So these comics came from the printer to the store and never read. These would be the perfect candidates for CGC or PGX grading.

Selling entire collection of collectibles and antiques. All orders get shipped within 48 hours and packed securely.

All items come from a smoke free home and guaranteed to be authentic with NO RESTORATION.

We accept Paypal, Checks.

Thank you for looking at our auctions.

We will refund you if you are not happy with the item as long as it is returned in the same condition as we sent it.

This lady is a total liar. I bought a copy of WD #2 (2nd print). It was described as a NM/MT, like most of their books, and it came with scratches all of the back cover. The good thing was that they allowed for a refund (just sent the book back).

I'm sure most of the books that are supposed to be NM/MT are going to be overpriced F/VF copies.

We purchased 3000 comics from a long time collector from Oregon who recently passed away. These books are absolutely beautiful mostly with WHITE PAGES and guaranteed unrestored and complete. His wife informed us that he carefully picked the best copies which he purchased on a weekly basis and immediately bagged and boarded them. So these comics came from the printer to the store and never read. These would be the perfect candidates for CGC or PGX grading.

Selling entire collection of collectibles and antiques. All orders get shipped within 48 hours and packed securely.

All items come from a smoke free home and guaranteed to be authentic with NO RESTORATION.

We will refund you if you are not happy with the item as long as it is returned in the same condition as we sent it.

(worship)

Nice save, the link doesn't work now.

(worship)

Nice save, the link doesn't work now.

I kinda figured that was going to happen. Sometimes I'm psychic like that.

That's just genius. lol

A pristine modern 3000 book collection. What a sales hook!

Immediately bagged and boarded, unlike every other careless assembly of modern books.

Church pedigree, look out!

To refresh my memory I went through her posts to find her posts in the probation thread.

She was put on the probation thread after sending a package to a boardie and it never arrived. The boardie had sent her a PM before she shipped telling her that his paypal addy was wrong and giving her his new addy. She shipped it to his old addy and then kept telling him that she had delivery confirmation. She then removed herself from the probation thread and added him.

I can understand an address mistake and I can kinda understand a new person not understanding how the probation list is managed but I could never understand why someone would repeatedly insist they had confirmed delivery after repeated PMs stating the address was incorrect.

I'm wondering if this transaction is probation worthy because someone who is willing to lie on ebay will lie anytime they think they can get away with it.

Anh, I'm not so sure. It's slimy to come up with some fake sob story, but she's not ripped anyone off here (not yet at least). Not to mention that fact that the 'dead guy collection' routine is pretty silly when you're selling a bunch of moderns.

I have never read Chew, seems a bunch of people enjoy it. Is it worth checking out? My library might have some trades, but then again maybe not. But to keep this thread on track....yup what a crazy auction description. Nothing like a good bull mess story to get some higher bids on your comics! Ha! :insane:

(thumbs u looks like 90% of the listings they had up are going down.

It's probably the payment types he/she had listed. If I remember correctly the person was pretty aggressive, I'm fairly sure they would not just back down and close auctions because of a thread here.

I'm saying he/she because the listings seem to indicate there is more than one person under that eBay ID.

All that's missing is "CGC IT!!!!!!" in the title. lol