• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay sigh check this out I am the "OREGON COLLECTION"

667 posts in this topic

Why on earth does someone need a story to sell a comic?

"Would you be interested in buying used underwear?"

"Would you be interested in buying Kelly Brook's used underwear?"

The answer to your question lies within the two options listed above.

What is the agreed upon definition of "uncirculated"?

(thank you spell checker for suggesting uncircumcised... I'll take it from here)

The ebay listings days "".... UNCIRCULATED - AMAZING COPY!!

... His wife informed us that he carefully picked the best copies which he purchased on a weekly basis and immediately bagged and boarded them. So these comics came from the printer to the store and never read.

if they went from the printer, to the store, to the owner doesn't that mean they circulated?

I usually took "uncirculated" to mean books that came straight from the printer to the collector and never made it to the show (thus not circulated). I know some discovered collections have this provenance (or came from the distribution center straight to the collector, again never making it to the store), while others came from the newsstand.

So what is the correct use of uncirculated?

I kind of just want to actually read it. Might be the one modern title I decide to collect besides Morning Glories.

If you're a fan of good art, you will not be collecting Chew :sick:

Is it that bad? The story needs to be REAL good if the art is as bad as you say.

Yea, I guess it was because of the checks that they closed them down. She sent me a message on the boards telli me that it was a mistake and she used the wrong template.

Even so you think she would have got the title right and the price if that was the case. She also just sent me another message telling me I was a *spoon* for posting this and that she would change it. Also I lost a customer for life...

Yea, I guess it was because of the checks that they closed them down. She sent me a message on the boards telli me that it was a mistake and she used the wrong template.

Even so you think she would have got the title right and the price if that was the case. She also just sent me another message telling me I was a *spoon* for posting this and that she would change it. Also I lost a customer for life...

I'm a little confused, is she still selling books she has not received yet?

Correct I mailed them out yesterday via USPS medium priority. Tracking shows she will have them tomorrow.

She took around 14 days to pay me on her purchase. Looking at her past auctions it seems like she was selling books on eBay that I sold her on here. Then using the cash from those sales to pay me what she owed me,

I can't really prove that and in the end I don't really care. I got my asking price for the books. I just wanted to post this and let people know to stay away from that eBay store.

Correct I mailed them out yesterday via USPS medium priority. Tracking shows she will have them tomorrow.

She took around 14 days to pay me on her purchase. Looking at her past auctions it seems like she was selling books on eBay that I sold her on here. Then using the cash from those sales to pay me what she owed me,

I can't really prove that and in the end I don't really care. I got my asking price for the books. I just wanted to post this and let people know to stay away from that eBay store.

Getting your price is fine, but how can she know that they will

a. arrive

b. not be damaged in the mail

c. that she agrees with the grades when she sees them in person.

I'm sure you are a wonderful grader, but everyone should want to at least check the books.

This stuff always bothers me, it just hurts eBay's reputation and the reputations of every one of us who does sell there.

Oh I completely agree with everything you are saying. As for being a wonderful grader I highly doubt that. If its not cgced I usually ask the guys in the please give me a grade room to double check my estimates. These were all NM- to NM+ back stock issues though 50% of them were still in the diamond boxes that they came in. Sitting in the back room of my LCSs over stock.

Oh I completely agree with everything you are saying. As for being a wonderful grader I highly doubt that. If its not cgced I usually ask the guys in the please give me a grade room to double check my estimates. These were all NM- to NM+ back stock issues though 50% of them were still in the diamond boxes that they came in. Sitting in the back room of my LCSs over stock.

Then she really needs to look at them, right? and maybe even have the courage to post here, instead of sending you "spooning" notes.

on tuesday, i bought a 1-94 run of walking dead al first print or so it said, off this person. missing 6 issues including 27. i actually talked to a guy on the phone. paid 2850 for the run. on the phone he told me it would be here by friday. sent a message to him yesterday and he told me it would be sent out on friday. i hope to god they are all first print...and i wish i saw this thread then. i knew oregon collection was bs, just wanted walking dead. when it getshere ill update this

Getting your price is fine, but how can she know that they will

a. arrive

b. not be damaged in the mail

c. that she agrees with the grades when she sees them in person.

I'm sure you are a wonderful grader, but everyone should want to at least check the books.

This stuff always bothers me, it just hurts eBay's reputation and the reputations of every one of us who does sell there.

Agreed. It isn't honest to list books as high grade, unread when they haven't even arrived yet. It isn't ethical to buy books and lie about their 'pedigree' or history. And sending nasty PMs behind the scene rather than take down the auctions and address the issue here speaks volumns about their character.

It's amazing to me how such a lynch mob mentality occurs based on one members accusations without any evidence of proof.

This is the only response that I will make regarding dscot239 and his allegations regarding our books.

A) We did purchase a huge 3000+ collection in Oregon which are all high grade averaging NM or better.

B) dccot239 is not the only one in North America who sold us high grade Chews and Walking Deads, as a matter of fact I would like to return his entire order upon receipt for a FULL REFUND due to his accusations and will never buy from him again. He needs to get off his high horse and realize that he does not own every 2nd print copy of Chew #1 or Walking Deads.

C) and at least I don't include CGC IT like dscot239 does in all his auctions http://www.ebay.com/sch/amea4682/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

It seems to me that he is a little jealous and upset at us for having stumbled across a great collection.

Hope everyone has a safe holiday weekend.

I just thought I'd quote it here so people know what you guys are discussing...

"OREGON COLLECTION" -CHEW #1 NM/MT 9.8 UNREAD GEM 2nd P- KIRKMAN - HOT TV SHOW

We purchased 3000 comics from a long time collector from Oregon who recently passed away. These books are absolutely beautiful mostly with WHITE PAGES and guaranteed unrestored and complete. His wife informed us that he carefully picked the best copies which he purchased on a weekly basis and immediately bagged and boarded them. So these comics came from the printer to the store and never read. These would be the perfect candidates for CGC or PGX grading.

Selling entire collection of collectibles and antiques. All orders get shipped within 48 hours and packed securely.

All items come from a smoke free home and guaranteed to be authentic with NO RESTORATION.

We accept Paypal, Checks.

Thank you for looking at our auctions.

We will refund you if you are not happy with the item as long as it is returned in the same condition as we sent it.

Not only are these books from a prestigious collection, but what makes her Chew books even more special is that they're written by Robert Kirkman :o:insane:

It's amazing to me how such a lynch mob mentality occurs based on one members accusations without any evidence of proof.

This is the only response that I will make regarding dscot239 and his allegations regarding our books.

A) We did purchase a huge 3000+ collection in Oregon which are all high grade averaging NM or better.

B) dccot239 is not the only one in North America who sold us high grade Chews and Walking Deads, as a matter of fact I would like to return his entire order upon receipt for a FULL REFUND due to his accusations and will never buy from him again.

C) and at least I don't include CGC IT like dscot239 does in all his auctions http://www.ebay.com/sch/amea4682/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

It seems to me that he is a little jealous and upset at us for having stumbled across a great collection.

Hope everyone has a safe holiday weekend.

So why did you use his scan? lol

What a tool.