• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ALABASTER (from Dark Horse Comics) Discussion Thread

136 posts in this topic

Great review of Alabaster: Wolves #2:

http://kabooooom.com/2012/05/review-alabaster-wolves-2/

Thanks! :blush:

I was pretty jazzed when Caitlin Kiernan was commenting on it as well as getting some re-tweets from some bigger name creators.

Again, my only real complaint at this point is I'm not jazzed about the way the werewolves are depicted. When I think badzz werewolves, I think of the pictures from my old Werewolf: The Apocalypse RPG handbook. THOSE were really awesome looking wolves. Still, Lieber's landscapes just haunting in this second issue.

I can see your point on how the werewolves are drawn. I'm not crazy about how they look either.

I was lucky enough to win an auction for a rare (limited to 26 copies) signed lettered edition of the Alabaster hardcover book on eBay. I think it's been two years since one of these was put up for sale, so I'm excited to add this to my collection.

Pics coming after I receive it.

These books are so popular with a young woman I'm friends with that I'm exctied about the Dark Horse comic. I don't know that I'll run out and read the book, but I'm in for the comic series. Any word on whether it will be transformed into an ongoing or whether its intended to be a series of mini series or what?

anyone know if this will turn to an ongoing comic.. seems like reviews are pretty high 4.5 out of 5..

It's a 5-part miniseries for now; however, Kiernan is in talks with Dark Horse about either a second miniseries (a format DH is using a lot as of late) or making it an ongoing series.

21 dollars including shipping for #1 regular #1 incentive and #2

I ordered all 3 of the ones i sold. But just ordered another set to sell, so i have 2 sets coming.

oops for some reason i thought i was posting in a diffrent thread.

Nice to see this series generating interest in the secondary market. Caitlin Kiernan said she will be making an annoucement on the future of Alabaster soon. I can't imagine it being anything but good news.

hey guys think this is getting some steam you can order one of the variants at midtown now. :) guess people are buying copies now.. hehehehe.. some places are selling them for 7 dollars now and are sold out.

think people will find out about how good this series really is next couple of issues.. :)

The print run on #1 was 6,344 so copies will dry up fast. Reorders were not allowed on the variant, so that's the one to get. Good luck finding it in 9.8 though. Tough black cover.